- Three New Trustees Join Barrow Neurological Foundation BoardPosted 6 hours ago
- Vitalyst Health Foundation Awards $564,700 in innovation GrantsPosted 7 hours ago
- Sonoran Desert Chorale Bids Farewell to Founder and Music DirectorPosted 1 day ago
- Six Salt River Project Employees Honored for VolunteerismPosted 2 days ago
- Visit Mesa Becomes First-Ever Autism-Certified Destination Marketing OrganizationPosted 6 days ago
- Flinn Foundation Selects 20 Excelling Arizona High-School Seniors as 2019 Flinn ScholarsPosted 1 week ago
Coyotes Donate $150K Outdoor Hockey Rink to Grand Canyon University
The Arizona Coyotes unveiled a new outdoor DEK hockey rink at Grand Canyon University on March 28, adjacent to the new Canyon Activities Center.
The Coyotes donated the full cost $150,000 cost of the project to GCU.
“We’re thrilled to unveil a new multi-purpose outdoor hockey rink at Grand Canyon University,” said Coyotes President and CEO Ahron Cohen. “One of our fundamental objectives as an organization is to grow the game of hockey throughout the entire State of Arizona and we will not rest until everyone in Arizona has been exposed to our great game. We are fortunate to have an incredible partner in GCU who is ideologically aligned with us in this pursuit. We look forward to GCU activating this rink with its students for years to come.”
The Coyotes previously unveiled new DEK hockey rinks at Luke Air Force Base (April 2017), the Northwest YMCA in El Mirage (August 2017), the Scottsdale Boys & Girls Club at Laguna Elementary School (October 2017), and the Boys & Girls Club of Tucson at Doolen Middle School (July 2018).
The Coyotes have identified numerous additional sites in the Valley where the next DEK hockey rinks will be constructed. These rinks will allow kids and adults access to newly constructed, outdoor hockey rinks with an opportunity to learn and play DEK hockey. Prime consideration for the placement of rinks will be in local city or county parks or adjacent to managed youth development facilities.
Details regarding the new sites will be announced in the future.