- Phoenix Theatre Company Celebrating Centennial Season With Lineup of Classic, Contemporary ProductionsPosted 7 hours ago
- Warners’ Celebrity Game Night Honors Fitzgerald, Raises $330K for Treasure HousePosted 1 day ago
- Arizona Citizens for the Arts’ ‘Rusty’ Foley Announces Summer RetirementPosted 1 week ago
- Local Philanthropist, Business Leader Latasha Causey Named CEO of Social Venture Partners ArizonaPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Glendale Works’ Program Strives to Create Jobs and Reduce HomelessnessPosted 2 weeks ago
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art to Launch 20th AnniversaryPosted 2 weeks ago
Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art to Launch 20th Anniversary
Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA) will kick off a year of festivities for its 20th anniversary with a launch party at 7 p.m. on Feb. 15.
The event will be free so visitors can enjoy the galleries and mix and mingle with curators, artists and the community. The party will feature a signature drink, a DJ and a preview of the new exhibition “Now Playing: Video 1999–2019.”
“The yearlong celebrations will look back to the history of the Museum in a variety of ways while also looking to the future through innovation,” said Jennifer McCabe, director and chief curator.
The exhibition is the first time since the Museum was a movie theater that all four galleries, including the fifth multi-use gallery, will be dedicated to video art. Visitors will find themselves in dimly lit galleries, save for the glow of monitors and projectors illuminating the space to immerse the viewer.
Events to mark the anniversary will take place throughout the year. SMoCA’s birthday year will culminate in a grand celebration and unveiling of future plans on February 15, 2020.
For a full list of anniversary activities, visit SMoCA.org.