- Sonoran Desert Chorale Chorale Bids Farewell to Founder and Music DirectorPosted 11 hours ago
- Six Salt River Project Employees Honored for VolunteerismPosted 2 days ago
- Visit Mesa Becomes First-Ever Autism-Certified Destination Marketing OrganizationPosted 6 days ago
- Flinn Foundation Selects 20 Excelling Arizona High-School Seniors as 2019 Flinn ScholarsPosted 7 days ago
- Award-Winning Journalist Lisa Ling to Keynote United Way LuncheonPosted 1 week ago
- Gateway for Cancer Research Approves $1.5 Million Grant to Fund Pediatric Brain Cancer Research at PCHPosted 2 weeks ago
Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art to Launch 20th Anniversary
Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA) will kick off a year of festivities for its 20th anniversary with a launch party at 7 p.m. on Feb. 15.
The event will be free so visitors can enjoy the galleries and mix and mingle with curators, artists and the community. The party will feature a signature drink, a DJ and a preview of the new exhibition “Now Playing: Video 1999–2019.”
“The yearlong celebrations will look back to the history of the Museum in a variety of ways while also looking to the future through innovation,” said Jennifer McCabe, director and chief curator.
The exhibition is the first time since the Museum was a movie theater that all four galleries, including the fifth multi-use gallery, will be dedicated to video art. Visitors will find themselves in dimly lit galleries, save for the glow of monitors and projectors illuminating the space to immerse the viewer.
Events to mark the anniversary will take place throughout the year. SMoCA’s birthday year will culminate in a grand celebration and unveiling of future plans on February 15, 2020.
For a full list of anniversary activities, visit SMoCA.org.