- Yvette Gonzales, Carole Kauffman Elected To Experience Matters Board Of DirectorsPosted 2 days ago
- Back To School Clothing Drive Provides Uniforms, Clothing And Supplies To More Than 5,000 K-6 StudentsPosted 2 days ago
- State Arts Commission Delivers Over $2.63 Million To Arizona CommunitiesPosted 2 days ago
- Local Sports Bars Answer The Call For Much Needed Sport EquipmentPosted 4 days ago
- Local Dental Clinics Hosts July Back-To-School DrivePosted 5 days ago
- Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club Announces New Board MembersPosted 1 week ago
‘Itty Bitty Open’ Coming Jan. 7, Free for Kids 3-5
The Junior Golf Association of Arizona will host the 2019 Itty Bitty Open on Jan. 12 at 20 Valley-wide locations.
The event is free and open to all kids ages 3-5 years old. It features three clinic times per location (9, 10 and 11 a.m.) where juniors and their parents will learn the basics of golf taught by qualified PGA and LPGA professionals.
After the clinics, the kids will participate in non-competitive golf games and tournaments. Each golfer will receive a set of plastic golf clubs, balls, a bag, and a visor – participants are asked to leave their own clubs at home. An adult “caddie” must accompany each golfer.
“Itty Bitty Open is a great way for parents to introduce their children to the game of golf,” said Scott McNevin, Executive Director of the JGAA. “It’s always fun to see so many kids having such a good time. It’s very exciting to think that a three-year-old attending the Itty Bitty Open will likely still be playing the game for decades to come. We’re honored to help them begin that journey.”
A special contest with prizes will be held at each session for the “Best Dressed Golfer and Caddie Team.” All winners will receive a congratulatory letter, a trophy, and two tickets for the R.S. Hoyt, Jr. Dream Day Activities at the 2019 Waste Management Phoenix Open presented by Ak-Chin Indian Community (kids are already allowed to attend it at no charge, so the tickets are for parents or other adults).
The deadline to sign up is Jan. 7.