- Phoenix Theatre to Change Name for 100th AnniversaryPosted 3 days ago
- Troupe Vertigo and The Phoenix Symphony to Perform ‘Cirque Swan Lake’Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona Good Business Summit Offers Solutions to Build Profit and CommunityPosted 1 week ago
- Senator Barry M. Goldwater’s Arizona Images Featured in Exhibition at Scottsdale’s Museum of the WestPosted 1 week ago
- Damien Sneed to Perform MLK Tribute on Jan. 25 at Mesa Arts CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona Balloon Classic Coming Jan. 25-27, Benefiting United WayPosted 2 weeks ago
‘Itty Bitty Open’ Coming Jan. 7, Free for Kids 3-5
The Junior Golf Association of Arizona will host the 2019 Itty Bitty Open on Jan. 12 at 20 Valley-wide locations.
The event is free and open to all kids ages 3-5 years old. It features three clinic times per location (9, 10 and 11 a.m.) where juniors and their parents will learn the basics of golf taught by qualified PGA and LPGA professionals.
After the clinics, the kids will participate in non-competitive golf games and tournaments. Each golfer will receive a set of plastic golf clubs, balls, a bag, and a visor – participants are asked to leave their own clubs at home. An adult “caddie” must accompany each golfer.
“Itty Bitty Open is a great way for parents to introduce their children to the game of golf,” said Scott McNevin, Executive Director of the JGAA. “It’s always fun to see so many kids having such a good time. It’s very exciting to think that a three-year-old attending the Itty Bitty Open will likely still be playing the game for decades to come. We’re honored to help them begin that journey.”
A special contest with prizes will be held at each session for the “Best Dressed Golfer and Caddie Team.” All winners will receive a congratulatory letter, a trophy, and two tickets for the R.S. Hoyt, Jr. Dream Day Activities at the 2019 Waste Management Phoenix Open presented by Ak-Chin Indian Community (kids are already allowed to attend it at no charge, so the tickets are for parents or other adults).
The deadline to sign up is Jan. 7.