- Phoenix Theatre Company Celebrating Centennial Season With Lineup of Classic, Contemporary ProductionsPosted 23 hours ago
- Warners’ Celebrity Game Night Honors Fitzgerald, Raises $330K for Treasure HousePosted 2 days ago
- Arizona Citizens for the Arts’ ‘Rusty’ Foley Announces Summer RetirementPosted 1 week ago
- Local Philanthropist, Business Leader Latasha Causey Named CEO of Social Venture Partners ArizonaPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Glendale Works’ Program Strives to Create Jobs and Reduce HomelessnessPosted 2 weeks ago
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art to Launch 20th AnniversaryPosted 2 weeks ago
‘Drums on the Lake’ Coming to Tempe Center for the Arts
Lakeshore Music is bringing two highly acclaimed drummers, Joe LaBarbera and Dom Moio, to Tempe Center for the Arts to headline a unique jazz concert on Jan. 19.
The headliners will be joined by Valley artists Dr. Mike Kocour, ASU Director of Jazz Studies, on piano, and Dwight Kilian on the upright in a combo performing contemporary jazz music.
LaBarbera is best known for his recordings and live performances in iconic pianist Bill Evans’ trio and in the quartet of Chuck Mangione, and will accompany Kocour on the music of Evans.
Moio has performed on more than 65 jazz CDs and for two decades has been on ASU’s jazz faculty, and will accompany on original piano compositions by Kocour.
The event will take place at 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 19 at the Tempe Center for the Arts, Lakeside Room, 700 W. Rio Salado Parkway. All seats $37, and a dinner-show package at Caffe Boa is $50.
For more information call (602) 679-0590.