- Flinn Foundation Selects 20 Excelling Arizona High-School Seniors as 2019 Flinn ScholarsPosted 18 hours ago
- Award-Winning Journalist Lisa Ling to Keynote United Way LuncheonPosted 1 day ago
- Gateway for Cancer Research Approves $1.5 Million Grant to Fund Pediatric Brain Cancer Research at PCHPosted 7 days ago
- Scottsdale Leadership’s Class 33 Completes Memorial Garden ProjectPosted 7 days ago
- Audubon Arizona, National Forest Foundation and NAU Introduce Students to Careers in ConservationPosted 1 week ago
- Circle K Golf Tournament Raises More Than $800,000Posted 2 weeks ago
Dance With Me Gala Raises More than $400,000 for Ballet Arizona
The Event: Dance With Me Gala
The Cause: Ballet Arizona
Mission: Ballet Arizona is an innovative and provocative professional ballet company that creates, performs, and teaches outstanding classical and contemporary ballet. The company is dedicated to preserving and celebrating classical dance while creating and commissioning new innovative works.
Event Chair: Adrienne Schiffner / Co-Chairs: Barbara Ottosen & Daryl Weil
Honorees: Honorees: Billie Jo & Judd Herberger
Top Sponsors: Jacquie & Bennett Dorrance, Billie Jo & Judd Herberger, Barbara & Donald Ottosen and SRP
Date held: January 25, 2019
Venue: Phoenix Art Museum
Special Feature: Guests enjoyed a behind-the-scenes documentary called, Creating The Firebird – an intimate look into the process of creating this world premiere which opens on Thursday, February 14, 2019 at Symphony Hall.
Dollars raised: $420,000
Notable moment: Ballet Arizona also awarded the “Hazel Hare Award for Artistic Excellence” to dancers, Rochelle Anvik and Helio Lima. In its second year, this award honors Hazel Hare for her transformational $4 million endowment gift to Ballet Arizona.
Photo Credit: Ballet Arizona & Frontdoors Media