- Phoenix Theatre Company Celebrating Centennial Season With Lineup of Classic, Contemporary ProductionsPosted 1 day ago
- Warners’ Celebrity Game Night Honors Fitzgerald, Raises $330K for Treasure HousePosted 2 days ago
- Arizona Citizens for the Arts’ ‘Rusty’ Foley Announces Summer RetirementPosted 1 week ago
- Local Philanthropist, Business Leader Latasha Causey Named CEO of Social Venture Partners ArizonaPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Glendale Works’ Program Strives to Create Jobs and Reduce HomelessnessPosted 2 weeks ago
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art to Launch 20th AnniversaryPosted 2 weeks ago
Dance With Me Gala Raises More than $400,000 for Ballet Arizona
The Event: Dance With Me Gala
The Cause: Ballet Arizona
Mission: Ballet Arizona is an innovative and provocative professional ballet company that creates, performs, and teaches outstanding classical and contemporary ballet. The company is dedicated to preserving and celebrating classical dance while creating and commissioning new innovative works.
Event Chair: Adrienne Schiffner / Co-Chairs: Barbara Ottosen & Daryl Weil
Honorees: Honorees: Billie Jo & Judd Herberger
Top Sponsors: Jacquie & Bennett Dorrance, Billie Jo & Judd Herberger, Barbara & Donald Ottosen and SRP
Date held: January 25, 2019
Venue: Phoenix Art Museum
Special Feature: Guests enjoyed a behind-the-scenes documentary called, Creating The Firebird – an intimate look into the process of creating this world premiere which opens on Thursday, February 14, 2019 at Symphony Hall.
Dollars raised: $420,000
Notable moment: Ballet Arizona also awarded the “Hazel Hare Award for Artistic Excellence” to dancers, Rochelle Anvik and Helio Lima. In its second year, this award honors Hazel Hare for her transformational $4 million endowment gift to Ballet Arizona.
Photo Credit: Ballet Arizona & Frontdoors Media