- Visit Mesa Becomes First-Ever Autism-Certified Destination Marketing OrganizationPosted 7 hours ago
- Flinn Foundation Selects 20 Excelling Arizona High-School Seniors as 2019 Flinn ScholarsPosted 1 day ago
- Award-Winning Journalist Lisa Ling to Keynote United Way LuncheonPosted 2 days ago
- Gateway for Cancer Research Approves $1.5 Million Grant to Fund Pediatric Brain Cancer Research at PCHPosted 1 week ago
- Scottsdale Leadership’s Class 33 Completes Memorial Garden ProjectPosted 1 week ago
- Audubon Arizona, National Forest Foundation and NAU Introduce Students to Careers in ConservationPosted 1 week ago
$5.2 million Raised for Barrow Innovation Center
The Event: 2019 Barrow Grand Ball
Program Funded: The Barrow Innovation Center, which was created to educate budding doctors and neurosurgeons on how to develop medical innovations that solve the problems they encounter as they serve their patients. In the first two years since establishing the center, residents have created more than 1,000 3D spine models, developed over 26 leading-edge new devices or techniques and filed 12 provisional patents.
Gala Co-Chairs: Dionne Najafi and Terry Roman
Date held: January 26, 2019
Venue: Arizona Biltmore Resort
Dollars raised: $5.2 million
History: The Women’s Board, led by Chairwoman Robyn Lee, has supported world-class Barrow Neurological institute for more than 54 years and contributed more than $61 million to fund life-changing research.
Photo Credit: Barrow Neurological Institute and Jill Rivera