- Phoenix Theatre Company Celebrating Centennial Season With Lineup of Classic, Contemporary ProductionsPosted 13 hours ago
- Warners’ Celebrity Game Night Honors Fitzgerald, Raises $330K for Treasure HousePosted 1 day ago
- Arizona Citizens for the Arts’ ‘Rusty’ Foley Announces Summer RetirementPosted 1 week ago
- Local Philanthropist, Business Leader Latasha Causey Named CEO of Social Venture Partners ArizonaPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Glendale Works’ Program Strives to Create Jobs and Reduce HomelessnessPosted 2 weeks ago
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art to Launch 20th AnniversaryPosted 2 weeks ago
$5.2 million Raised for Barrow Innovation Center
The Event: 2019 Barrow Grand Ball
Program Funded: The Barrow Innovation Center, which was created to educate budding doctors and neurosurgeons on how to develop medical innovations that solve the problems they encounter as they serve their patients. In the first two years since establishing the center, residents have created more than 1,000 3D spine models, developed over 26 leading-edge new devices or techniques and filed 12 provisional patents.
Gala Co-Chairs: Dionne Najafi and Terry Roman
Date held: January 26, 2019
Venue: Arizona Biltmore Resort
Dollars raised: $5.2 million
History: The Women’s Board, led by Chairwoman Robyn Lee, has supported world-class Barrow Neurological institute for more than 54 years and contributed more than $61 million to fund life-changing research.
Photo Credit: Barrow Neurological Institute and Jill Rivera