- Visit Mesa Becomes First-Ever Autism-Certified Destination Marketing OrganizationPosted 8 hours ago
- Flinn Foundation Selects 20 Excelling Arizona High-School Seniors as 2019 Flinn ScholarsPosted 2 days ago
- Award-Winning Journalist Lisa Ling to Keynote United Way LuncheonPosted 2 days ago
- Gateway for Cancer Research Approves $1.5 Million Grant to Fund Pediatric Brain Cancer Research at PCHPosted 1 week ago
- Scottsdale Leadership’s Class 33 Completes Memorial Garden ProjectPosted 1 week ago
- Audubon Arizona, National Forest Foundation and NAU Introduce Students to Careers in ConservationPosted 1 week ago
48th Annual Barrett-Jackson Auction Smashes Fundraising Records
The Event: Barrett-Jackson Opening Night Gala
The Causes: Funds raised benefit several charities including Barrow Neurological Foundation, Childhelp through SEMA Cares, JDRF, Operation Homefront, American Heart Association, Bob Woodruff Foundation and Fighter Country Foundation at Luke Air Force Base. barrett-jackson.com
Date held: January 12-20, 2019
The Cars: Vehicles auctions for charity included a 2020 Toyota Supra, a 2019 Ford GT Heritage Edition and four Chevrolet Camaros featured in the “Transformers” movie.
Entertainment: West Coast Music’s Impulse.
The VIPs: Barrett-Jackson Chairman and CEO Craig Jackson welcomed Gary Sinise, Medal of Honor recipient Dakota Meyer and several top automotive manufacturers to the auction block for the charity car sales.
Dollars raised: $9.6 million was raised for charity the the 2019 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction, the most of any auction in their 48 year history.
Photos provided by Barrett-Jackson