- Largest Easter Egg Hunt in South Phoenix to be Hosted by Salvation Army Kroc CenterPosted 4 days ago
- Two Pups Wellness Fund Launches ‘Grown Pups for Grown Ups’ ProgramPosted 4 days ago
- Fiesta Bowl Announces Volunteer of the Year Award WinnersPosted 5 days ago
- 17,000 Meals Donated During ‘March Out Hunger’ Food DrivePosted 5 days ago
- Arizona Girl Scouts Sell More than 2.8 Million Boxes This Cookie SeasonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Special Olympics Arizona Sends Athletes, Partners and Coaches to Compete at 2019 World GamesPosted 2 weeks ago
National Philanthropy Day Celebrates 5 Community Leaders
The Event: Celebration of Philanthropy Annual Awards Luncheon
The Cause: Association of Fundraising Professionals – Greater Arizona Chapter
Mission: The Greater Arizona Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals advances philanthropy by fostering the development and growth of fundraising professionals and promoting ethical and effective fundraising standards.
Top Tier Sponsors: Sanford Institute of Philanthropy at Maricopa Community Colleges & AES-Auction and Event Solutions
Date held:November 7, 2018
Venue: Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Highlight: Twenty-one Spirit of Philanthropy Awards were given by local nonprofits at the event as well as five Leadership Awards. Debbie Castaldo, Vice President of Corporate and Community Impact for the Arizona Diamondbacks shared an incredible update on the status of the D-backs Give Back program. The Arizona Diamondbacks are now the most charitable team in Major League Baseball.
Notable moment: Congratulations to Carol & David Eaton, Sanderson Ford, Phyllis Dumond & Kathy Jorgenson, Lisa Notaro and the Williams Field High School Student Council For the recognition as philanthropic leaders.