- Local Dental Clinics Hosts July Back-To-School DrivePosted 22 hours ago
- Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club Announces New Board MembersPosted 5 days ago
- Ad Agency Employees Pack Nearly 13,000 Meals for Local Children And FamiliesPosted 5 days ago
- Blood Emergency: Red Cross Issues Urgent Call For Blood And Platelet DonorsPosted 5 days ago
- Scottsdale Chamber Announces Nominations Now Open For 34th Annual Sterling AwardsPosted 1 week ago
- Arizona Coyotes Donate $50,000 To The 100 Club Of ArizonaPosted 1 week ago
National Philanthropy Day Celebrates 5 Community Leaders
The Event: Celebration of Philanthropy Annual Awards Luncheon
The Cause: Association of Fundraising Professionals – Greater Arizona Chapter
Mission: The Greater Arizona Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals advances philanthropy by fostering the development and growth of fundraising professionals and promoting ethical and effective fundraising standards.
Top Tier Sponsors: Sanford Institute of Philanthropy at Maricopa Community Colleges & AES-Auction and Event Solutions
Date held:November 7, 2018
Venue: Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Highlight: Twenty-one Spirit of Philanthropy Awards were given by local nonprofits at the event as well as five Leadership Awards. Debbie Castaldo, Vice President of Corporate and Community Impact for the Arizona Diamondbacks shared an incredible update on the status of the D-backs Give Back program. The Arizona Diamondbacks are now the most charitable team in Major League Baseball.
Notable moment: Congratulations to Carol & David Eaton, Sanderson Ford, Phyllis Dumond & Kathy Jorgenson, Lisa Notaro and the Williams Field High School Student Council For the recognition as philanthropic leaders.