- Phoenix Theatre to Change Name for 100th AnniversaryPosted 3 days ago
- Troupe Vertigo and The Phoenix Symphony to Perform ‘Cirque Swan Lake’Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona Good Business Summit Offers Solutions to Build Profit and CommunityPosted 1 week ago
- Senator Barry M. Goldwater’s Arizona Images Featured in Exhibition at Scottsdale’s Museum of the WestPosted 1 week ago
- Damien Sneed to Perform MLK Tribute on Jan. 25 at Mesa Arts CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona Balloon Classic Coming Jan. 25-27, Benefiting United WayPosted 2 weeks ago
Kemper and Ethel Marley Foundation Donates $179,200 to Don’t be a Chump! Check for a Lump!
The Kemper and Ethel Marley Foundation has awarded Don’t be a Chump! Check for a Lump! with a $179,200 gift to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer.
The grant will fund the following programs:
• Education Program $36,620
• Wig Program $45,625
• Mammogram Program $96,955
“I’m struggling to find the proper words to express how deeply thankful we are to the Kemper and Ethel Marley Foundation for their generous gift to our community,” said Holly Rose, Founder and CEO of Don’t be a Chump! Check for a Lump! “Their generosity will allow us to sustain our invaluable education and wig program. In addition, they will allow us to develop our mammogram program well beyond hosting a few mammogram events.”
The mammogram will help fill a gap left when the Susan G. Komen Foundation ended its presence in Arizona in 2017.
“When we first formed Don’t be a Chump! Check for a Lump! my initial thought was I would be grateful if we could save just ONE woman’s life through our reminders,” Rose said. “We had no idea how far we would come. With that shared, you can imagine why I am filled with tears of joy, gratitude and humbled by the blessed gift from the Kemper and Ethel Marley Foundation.”