- Canal Convergence’s ‘Reflection Rising’ Receives National Honor From Public Art NetworkPosted 23 hours ago
- The Board Of Visitors Announces The 2020 Flower GirlsPosted 4 days ago
- Joseph Benesh Named Executive Director Of Arizona Citizens For The ArtsPosted 4 days ago
- Young Father Finds Year Up Arizona Program To Build Future For Himself And His FamilyPosted 5 days ago
- Delta Dental Of Arizona Gives Grant Towards Dental Care Project For Formerly Homeless Children And MothersPosted 5 days ago
- Franciscan Renewal Center Opens New Community Life FacilityPosted 5 days ago
Kemper and Ethel Marley Foundation Donates $179,200 to Don’t be a Chump! Check for a Lump!
The Kemper and Ethel Marley Foundation has awarded Don’t be a Chump! Check for a Lump! with a $179,200 gift to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer.
The grant will fund the following programs:
• Education Program $36,620
• Wig Program $45,625
• Mammogram Program $96,955
“I’m struggling to find the proper words to express how deeply thankful we are to the Kemper and Ethel Marley Foundation for their generous gift to our community,” said Holly Rose, Founder and CEO of Don’t be a Chump! Check for a Lump! “Their generosity will allow us to sustain our invaluable education and wig program. In addition, they will allow us to develop our mammogram program well beyond hosting a few mammogram events.”
The mammogram will help fill a gap left when the Susan G. Komen Foundation ended its presence in Arizona in 2017.
“When we first formed Don’t be a Chump! Check for a Lump! my initial thought was I would be grateful if we could save just ONE woman’s life through our reminders,” Rose said. “We had no idea how far we would come. With that shared, you can imagine why I am filled with tears of joy, gratitude and humbled by the blessed gift from the Kemper and Ethel Marley Foundation.”