- Largest Easter Egg Hunt in South Phoenix to be Hosted by Salvation Army Kroc CenterPosted 3 days ago
- Two Pups Wellness Fund Launches ‘Grown Pups for Grown Ups’ ProgramPosted 4 days ago
- Fiesta Bowl Announces Volunteer of the Year Award WinnersPosted 5 days ago
- 17,000 Meals Donated During ‘March Out Hunger’ Food DrivePosted 5 days ago
- Arizona Girl Scouts Sell More than 2.8 Million Boxes This Cookie SeasonPosted 1 week ago
- Special Olympics Arizona Sends Athletes, Partners and Coaches to Compete at 2019 World GamesPosted 1 week ago
CopaBall Raises $675,000 and Makes a Big Announcement About the Future
The Event: 15th Annual CopaBall
The Cause: Maricopa Health Foundation
Mission or program funded: Maricopa Health Foundation supports Maricopa Integrated Health System (MIHS), the Valley’s only public teaching hospital and safety-net health system.
Awards Presented: Three awards were presented at this year’s gala: The 2018 Arizona Legacy Award went to First Things First, The 2018 Joey Ridenour Nursing Excellence Award went to Patricia Kardos, MSN, RN, CCRN and The J. Kipp Charlton Physician of Excellence Award went to William Johnson, MD.
Date held: October 27, 2018
Venue: J.W. Marriott Camelback Inn
Notable moment: The event highlighted “Care Reimagined,” as MIHS designs new models of care, modern facilities and thoughtfully planned access for those they serve. The history-making announcement from MIHS President and CEO Steve Purves was that MIHS will become Valleywise Health in mid-2019.