- Phoenix Theatre to Change Name for 100th AnniversaryPosted 3 days ago
- Troupe Vertigo and The Phoenix Symphony to Perform ‘Cirque Swan Lake’Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona Good Business Summit Offers Solutions to Build Profit and CommunityPosted 1 week ago
- Senator Barry M. Goldwater’s Arizona Images Featured in Exhibition at Scottsdale’s Museum of the WestPosted 1 week ago
- Damien Sneed to Perform MLK Tribute on Jan. 25 at Mesa Arts CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona Balloon Classic Coming Jan. 25-27, Benefiting United WayPosted 2 weeks ago
CopaBall Raises $675,000 and Makes a Big Announcement About the Future
The Event: 15th Annual CopaBall
The Cause: Maricopa Health Foundation
Mission or program funded: Maricopa Health Foundation supports Maricopa Integrated Health System (MIHS), the Valley’s only public teaching hospital and safety-net health system.
Awards Presented: Three awards were presented at this year’s gala: The 2018 Arizona Legacy Award went to First Things First, The 2018 Joey Ridenour Nursing Excellence Award went to Patricia Kardos, MSN, RN, CCRN and The J. Kipp Charlton Physician of Excellence Award went to William Johnson, MD.
Date held: October 27, 2018
Venue: J.W. Marriott Camelback Inn
Notable moment: The event highlighted “Care Reimagined,” as MIHS designs new models of care, modern facilities and thoughtfully planned access for those they serve. The history-making announcement from MIHS President and CEO Steve Purves was that MIHS will become Valleywise Health in mid-2019.