- Desert Financial Awards $47,500 In Scholarships To 15 StudentsPosted 3 days ago
- Arizona Community Foundation And Donors Distribute $65 Million In 2019 Fiscal YearPosted 3 days ago
- UMOM Announces $1.1 Million Grant From Bob & Renee Parsons FoundationPosted 4 days ago
- Ballet Arizona To Receive $30K From National Endowment For The ArtsPosted 4 days ago
- Charity Provides Furniture To 500th Family Moving Out Of HomelessnessPosted 5 days ago
- Heroes At Heart Coffee & Tea Launches To Benefit First Responders of Phoenix Metro & 100 Club Of AZPosted 5 days ago
VALLEYLIFE Legacy of Love Gala Supports Programs to Enhance Lives of People with Disabilities
The Event: VALLEYLIFE’s Legacy of Love Gala
The Cause: VALLEYLIFE // www.valleylifeaz.org
Mission: To enhance the quality of life of people with disabilities. The money raised at the event will support unfunded VALLEYLIFE Member needs including: speech therapy, physical therapy, grief counseling, Glee Club, dance lessons, and nutrition coaching.
Co-Chairs: Amy & Brian Winski, and Ashley Collins & Vaughn Kelly
Honorary Chairs: Jessica Wert Hunsaker & Caleb Hunsaker, and Juanice & Arthur Oldham, Honorary Chairs Emeritus were JoAnn & Tim Holland
Premier Sponsors: Dr Suzanne & Mr. Peter Connolly
Table Sponsors: Alliance Bank of Arizona; Arizona Lottery; Eide Bailly; The Families Advocate, LLC.; Forefront Development, LLC.; Debbie Gaby Charities; Karen Neilson; Modern Woodmen; National Bank of Arizona; Jeannette & Stephen Noll, M.D.; Pro Star Realty; Wells Fargo; Andi Lawrence-Winham & Cliff Winham
Date held: October 6, 2018
Venue: Sheraton Crescent Hotel
Entertainment: Performances by Japanese Folk Artist Ken Koshio, Samba Dancers from Brazilian Art Studio, band C.C. Ryder featuring Freddie G., and VALLEYLIFE Glee Club and Dance Troupe with special guests Wheels of Expression.
Keynote speaker: Kim Tirrell, Deputy County Attorney with Maricopa County, spoke about her connection to VALLEYLIFE. Her son Nate has been a Member of VALLEYLIFE’s Vocational Program for almost 10 years.
Notable moment: The VALLEYLIFE Glee Club, Dance Troupe and Wheels of Expression performed to the song “This is Me” which is about being accepted as you are. The performance earned a standing ovation.