- Phoenix Theatre Company Celebrating Centennial Season With Lineup of Classic, Contemporary ProductionsPosted 17 hours ago
- Warners’ Celebrity Game Night Honors Fitzgerald, Raises $330K for Treasure HousePosted 1 day ago
- Arizona Citizens for the Arts’ ‘Rusty’ Foley Announces Summer RetirementPosted 1 week ago
- Local Philanthropist, Business Leader Latasha Causey Named CEO of Social Venture Partners ArizonaPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Glendale Works’ Program Strives to Create Jobs and Reduce HomelessnessPosted 2 weeks ago
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art to Launch 20th AnniversaryPosted 2 weeks ago
VALLEYLIFE Legacy of Love Gala Supports Programs to Enhance Lives of People with Disabilities
The Event: VALLEYLIFE’s Legacy of Love Gala
The Cause: VALLEYLIFE // www.valleylifeaz.org
Mission: To enhance the quality of life of people with disabilities. The money raised at the event will support unfunded VALLEYLIFE Member needs including: speech therapy, physical therapy, grief counseling, Glee Club, dance lessons, and nutrition coaching.
Co-Chairs: Amy & Brian Winski, and Ashley Collins & Vaughn Kelly
Honorary Chairs: Jessica Wert Hunsaker & Caleb Hunsaker, and Juanice & Arthur Oldham, Honorary Chairs Emeritus were JoAnn & Tim Holland
Premier Sponsors: Dr Suzanne & Mr. Peter Connolly
Table Sponsors: Alliance Bank of Arizona; Arizona Lottery; Eide Bailly; The Families Advocate, LLC.; Forefront Development, LLC.; Debbie Gaby Charities; Karen Neilson; Modern Woodmen; National Bank of Arizona; Jeannette & Stephen Noll, M.D.; Pro Star Realty; Wells Fargo; Andi Lawrence-Winham & Cliff Winham
Date held: October 6, 2018
Venue: Sheraton Crescent Hotel
Entertainment: Performances by Japanese Folk Artist Ken Koshio, Samba Dancers from Brazilian Art Studio, band C.C. Ryder featuring Freddie G., and VALLEYLIFE Glee Club and Dance Troupe with special guests Wheels of Expression.
Keynote speaker: Kim Tirrell, Deputy County Attorney with Maricopa County, spoke about her connection to VALLEYLIFE. Her son Nate has been a Member of VALLEYLIFE’s Vocational Program for almost 10 years.
Notable moment: The VALLEYLIFE Glee Club, Dance Troupe and Wheels of Expression performed to the song “This is Me” which is about being accepted as you are. The performance earned a standing ovation.