- Desert Financial Awards $47,500 In Scholarships To 15 StudentsPosted 3 days ago
- Arizona Community Foundation And Donors Distribute $65 Million In 2019 Fiscal YearPosted 3 days ago
- UMOM Announces $1.1 Million Grant From Bob & Renee Parsons FoundationPosted 4 days ago
- Ballet Arizona To Receive $30K From National Endowment For The ArtsPosted 4 days ago
- Charity Provides Furniture To 500th Family Moving Out Of HomelessnessPosted 5 days ago
- Heroes At Heart Coffee & Tea Launches To Benefit First Responders of Phoenix Metro & 100 Club Of AZPosted 5 days ago
Phoenix Public Library Foundation Holds Dinner in the Stacks
The event: Dinner in the Stacks
The cause: Phoenix Public Library Foundation / / phoenixlibraryfoundation.org
Mission or program funded: While tax dollars put books on the shelves and keep the lights on, the programs that prepare kids for school, put people to work, help students navigate the path to college, and promote entrepreneurship rely on private dollars. The Phoenix Public Library Foundation is the fundraising partner for Phoenix Public Library and an impetus for the library to convert its strategic initiatives into new, expanded and engaging programs and services for all ages.
Date held: Nov. 10, 2018
Venue: Burton Barr Central Library
Emcee: Brahm Resnik, “12 News Sunday Square Off” anchor
Program highlight: Over 370 people participated in this unique event, held across three floors of the iconic Burton Barr Central Library. Guests enjoyed a rare chance to see the library in a different light, after hours with the city of Phoenix as a night-time backdrop.
Dollars raised: $200,000 to inspire early learners, enrich lives and grow the economy.
Notable moment: Seeing the newly renovated library in its full glory, including its remodeled Children’s Area which is sure to be a destination space for generations to come.