- Phoenix Theatre to Change Name for 100th AnniversaryPosted 3 days ago
- Troupe Vertigo and The Phoenix Symphony to Perform ‘Cirque Swan Lake’Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona Good Business Summit Offers Solutions to Build Profit and CommunityPosted 1 week ago
- Senator Barry M. Goldwater’s Arizona Images Featured in Exhibition at Scottsdale’s Museum of the WestPosted 1 week ago
- Damien Sneed to Perform MLK Tribute on Jan. 25 at Mesa Arts CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona Balloon Classic Coming Jan. 25-27, Benefiting United WayPosted 2 weeks ago
Annual Cooks + Corks Offers Valley’s Best Culinary Tastings, Raises Funds for Valley Art Organizations
Event Name: Cooks + Corks
The Cause: Scottsdale League for the Arts // scottsdalefest.org
Mission: The Scottsdale League for the Arts is a nonprofit that raises funds for artists, art programs and arts education through culinary fundraising events. The League donates net proceeds to qualified arts organizations through its annual grants program and culinary arts scholarships. Formed in 1978, the organization presents the Scottsdale Culinary Festival, the longest-running festival of its type in the nation. The League has donated more than $4.5 million to the arts since 2000. This year’s grantees include Arizona Music Fest, Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, Scottsdale Philharmonic.
Presenting Sponsor: Earnhardt Scottsdale Cadillac
Event Date: November 2, 2018
Venue: Four Seasons Scottsdale at Troon North
Entertainment: Live music by Mel Bridges, chef demonstrations and entertainment from local artists.
Notable Moment: Bites and beverage selections were provided by a variety of the Valley’s top restaurants and spirit distributors. Participating chefs included Alex Robinson of Royal Palms, Dell Morris of Proof, Che and Rochelle Daniel of Fat Ox. Executive chef and owner of Dahl Restaurant Group Lisa Dahl received the People’s Choice Award for her dishes, which are available at Mariposa Latin Inspired Grill.
Photo Credit: Tim Fuchs