- FirstBank Employees Go Undercover as Servers & Pay for Dozens of Diners in “Give it Forward” CampaignPosted 3 hours ago
- Red Cross Honors Four Phoenix Residents for Outstanding Volunteer WorkPosted 9 hours ago
- Largest Easter Egg Hunt in South Phoenix to be Hosted by Salvation Army Kroc CenterPosted 4 days ago
- Two Pups Wellness Fund Launches ‘Grown Pups for Grown Ups’ ProgramPosted 5 days ago
- Fiesta Bowl Announces Volunteer of the Year Award WinnersPosted 6 days ago
- 17,000 Meals Donated During ‘March Out Hunger’ Food DrivePosted 6 days ago
Annual Cooks + Corks Offers Valley’s Best Culinary Tastings, Raises Funds for Valley Art Organizations
Event Name: Cooks + Corks
The Cause: Scottsdale League for the Arts // scottsdalefest.org
Mission: The Scottsdale League for the Arts is a nonprofit that raises funds for artists, art programs and arts education through culinary fundraising events. The League donates net proceeds to qualified arts organizations through its annual grants program and culinary arts scholarships. Formed in 1978, the organization presents the Scottsdale Culinary Festival, the longest-running festival of its type in the nation. The League has donated more than $4.5 million to the arts since 2000. This year’s grantees include Arizona Music Fest, Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, Scottsdale Philharmonic.
Presenting Sponsor: Earnhardt Scottsdale Cadillac
Event Date: November 2, 2018
Venue: Four Seasons Scottsdale at Troon North
Entertainment: Live music by Mel Bridges, chef demonstrations and entertainment from local artists.
Notable Moment: Bites and beverage selections were provided by a variety of the Valley’s top restaurants and spirit distributors. Participating chefs included Alex Robinson of Royal Palms, Dell Morris of Proof, Che and Rochelle Daniel of Fat Ox. Executive chef and owner of Dahl Restaurant Group Lisa Dahl received the People’s Choice Award for her dishes, which are available at Mariposa Latin Inspired Grill.
Photo Credit: Tim Fuchs