- Desert Financial Awards $47,500 In Scholarships To 15 StudentsPosted 3 days ago
- Arizona Community Foundation And Donors Distribute $65 Million In 2019 Fiscal YearPosted 3 days ago
- UMOM Announces $1.1 Million Grant From Bob & Renee Parsons FoundationPosted 4 days ago
- Ballet Arizona To Receive $30K From National Endowment For The ArtsPosted 4 days ago
- Charity Provides Furniture To 500th Family Moving Out Of HomelessnessPosted 5 days ago
- Heroes At Heart Coffee & Tea Launches To Benefit First Responders of Phoenix Metro & 100 Club Of AZPosted 5 days ago
Annual Cooks + Corks Offers Valley’s Best Culinary Tastings, Raises Funds for Valley Art Organizations
Event Name: Cooks + Corks
The Cause: Scottsdale League for the Arts // scottsdalefest.org
Mission: The Scottsdale League for the Arts is a nonprofit that raises funds for artists, art programs and arts education through culinary fundraising events. The League donates net proceeds to qualified arts organizations through its annual grants program and culinary arts scholarships. Formed in 1978, the organization presents the Scottsdale Culinary Festival, the longest-running festival of its type in the nation. The League has donated more than $4.5 million to the arts since 2000. This year’s grantees include Arizona Music Fest, Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, Scottsdale Philharmonic.
Presenting Sponsor: Earnhardt Scottsdale Cadillac
Event Date: November 2, 2018
Venue: Four Seasons Scottsdale at Troon North
Entertainment: Live music by Mel Bridges, chef demonstrations and entertainment from local artists.
Notable Moment: Bites and beverage selections were provided by a variety of the Valley’s top restaurants and spirit distributors. Participating chefs included Alex Robinson of Royal Palms, Dell Morris of Proof, Che and Rochelle Daniel of Fat Ox. Executive chef and owner of Dahl Restaurant Group Lisa Dahl received the People’s Choice Award for her dishes, which are available at Mariposa Latin Inspired Grill.
Photo Credit: Tim Fuchs