- Local Sports Bars Answer The Call For Much Needed Sport EquipmentPosted 3 hours ago
- Local Dental Clinics Hosts July Back-To-School DrivePosted 1 day ago
- Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club Announces New Board MembersPosted 5 days ago
- Ad Agency Employees Pack Nearly 13,000 Meals for Local Children And FamiliesPosted 5 days ago
- Blood Emergency: Red Cross Issues Urgent Call For Blood And Platelet DonorsPosted 5 days ago
- Scottsdale Chamber Announces Nominations Now Open For 34th Annual Sterling AwardsPosted 1 week ago
Pomo Downtown Reopens with a Refreshed Look and Expanded Menu
By Lisa Mullavey
Pomo Pizzeria in Downtown Phoenix reopened its doors on October 25 after being closed over the summer for an extensive remodel. The man behind Pomo Restaurant Group, Founder Stefano Fabbri, updated this space from the front door to the kitchen and introduced several new menu items that are unique to this location.
Just in time for the beautiful Phoenix fall weather, Pomo opened up the area between their patio and restaurant making space for an extended bar with additional seating and TVs. The simple change unites the indoor and outdoor dining areas and creates an inviting flow between the two. The dining room boasts floor to ceiling updates that brighten the space while maintaining the familiar warm and welcoming feel that is so loved by Pomo devotees.
Pomo’s new food and drink selections are all made with the care and tradition that Pomo is known for. Start with their wonderfully refreshing Fruttato; chilled white wine over diced peaches, splashed with peach schnapps and soda. For a small bite, try the Suppli Al Telefono, a risotto croquette with mozzarella, served with a robust ‘nduya (spicy salami puree) and rosé sauce. Another new addition is the pizza “Rimini,” with a thin and crispy crust topped with gourmet ingredients and the Paccheri Carbonara with pancetta and pecorino Romano cheese.
One of the highlights of the remodel is the addition of Fabbri’s Luna Gelateria — the second location in the valley which will offer 12-18 flavors of their gelato. The Luna 1969, named after the year Luna was founded by the Fabbri family in Italy, featured sweet caramel, pistachio, and decadent Valrhona Chocolate.