- Canal Convergence’s ‘Reflection Rising’ Receives National Honor From Public Art NetworkPosted 16 hours ago
- The Board Of Visitors Announces The 2020 Flower GirlsPosted 4 days ago
- Joseph Benesh Named Executive Director Of Arizona Citizens For The ArtsPosted 4 days ago
- Young Father Finds Year Up Arizona Program To Build Future For Himself And His FamilyPosted 4 days ago
- Delta Dental Of Arizona Gives Grant Towards Dental Care Project For Formerly Homeless Children And MothersPosted 5 days ago
- Franciscan Renewal Center Opens New Community Life FacilityPosted 5 days ago
Phoenix Open Raises Record-Breaking $12.2 Million for Community Causes
The 2018 Waste Management Phoenix Open, and the event hosts, The Thunderbirds, have raised a record-breaking $12.2 million for Arizona charities — the highest single-year charitable donation in tournament history. This is the fourth-consecutive year that the tournament has broken its record for charitable dollars raised in a single year.
“Each and every year is special when we make this announcement, but this year is extra special and truly a proud moment for The Thunderbirds,” said Thunderbirds Big Chief Carlos Sugich. “We knew the number would be high, but to reach a new milestone by breaking our own single-year record and in doing so joining only a handful of tournaments in the history of the PGA TOUR to break the $12 million barrier is spectacular. Thanks to our title sponsor Waste Management and to great community and corporate support, we were able to achieve our goals and help out so many children and families in need in the Valley.”
The Thunderbirds and the Waste Management Phoenix Open have raised more than $68 million for local charities since 2010 when Waste Management became the title sponsor. The Phoenix Open has raised more than $134 million total since the event’s beginning in 1932.
“Waste Management is proud of the positive impact this incredible event continues to have on the community,” said senior vice president of field operations for Waste Management John Morris. “Hats off to The Thunderbirds for breaking another tournament record and for making a difference in the lives of so many. The Waste Management Phoenix Open remains a shining example of what is possible when everyone invests in making a difference for the benefit of our environment and community.”
The 2019 Waste Management Phoenix Open will be held at TPC Scottsdale January 28 through February 3, 2019. It is the best-attended golf tournament in the world.