- Desert Financial Awards $47,500 In Scholarships To 15 StudentsPosted 2 days ago
- Arizona Community Foundation And Donors Distribute $65 Million In 2019 Fiscal YearPosted 2 days ago
- UMOM Announces $1.1 Million Grant From Bob & Renee Parsons FoundationPosted 3 days ago
- Ballet Arizona To Receive $30K From National Endowment For The ArtsPosted 3 days ago
- Charity Provides Furniture To 500th Family Moving Out Of HomelessnessPosted 4 days ago
- Heroes At Heart Coffee & Tea Launches To Benefit First Responders of Phoenix Metro & 100 Club Of AZPosted 4 days ago
Phoenix Cigna Employees Pack 125K+ Meals For St. Mary’s Food Bank
More than 500 Cigna employees packed over 125,000 meals for St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance earlier this month as part of the Cigna Fights Hunger program where employees in hourly shifts on assembly lines to package meals for Arizona families in need.
“We exceeded our goal and packaged 125,280 meals for Saint Mary’s Food Bank Alliance,” said Kim Shepard, Cigna market president for Arizona. “Cigna is dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security, and we are proud to partner with Feeding Children Everywhere to help local families in need.”
According to St. Mary’s Food Bank, nearly 30 percent of Arizonans are considered working poor and are barely able to afford housing and basic necessities.
Cigna and its employees have partnered with St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance for 20 years to help local families in need, with the Cigna office in Phoenix being the first of eight national Cigna offices that will package meals this month.
The company plans to package a total of a million meals this month and have already prepared more than 2.6 million meals through the Cigna Fights Hunger program.