- Charity Spotlight: Family PromisePosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona’s Path to Becoming a Healthcare MeccaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Once Upon a MattressPosted 2 weeks ago
- Carey’s Corner: The Power of IntentionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Office Doors: Kimber LanningPosted 2 weeks ago
- 10 Questions with Ashley DeGooyerPosted 2 weeks ago
Phoenix Cigna Employees Pack 125K+ Meals For St. Mary’s Food Bank
More than 500 Cigna employees packed over 125,000 meals for St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance earlier this month as part of the Cigna Fights Hunger program where employees in hourly shifts on assembly lines to package meals for Arizona families in need.
“We exceeded our goal and packaged 125,280 meals for Saint Mary’s Food Bank Alliance,” said Kim Shepard, Cigna market president for Arizona. “Cigna is dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security, and we are proud to partner with Feeding Children Everywhere to help local families in need.”
According to St. Mary’s Food Bank, nearly 30 percent of Arizonans are considered working poor and are barely able to afford housing and basic necessities.
Cigna and its employees have partnered with St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance for 20 years to help local families in need, with the Cigna office in Phoenix being the first of eight national Cigna offices that will package meals this month.
The company plans to package a total of a million meals this month and have already prepared more than 2.6 million meals through the Cigna Fights Hunger program.