- Phoenix Theatre Company Celebrating Centennial Season With Lineup of Classic, Contemporary ProductionsPosted 1 day ago
- Warners’ Celebrity Game Night Honors Fitzgerald, Raises $330K for Treasure HousePosted 2 days ago
- Arizona Citizens for the Arts’ ‘Rusty’ Foley Announces Summer RetirementPosted 1 week ago
- Local Philanthropist, Business Leader Latasha Causey Named CEO of Social Venture Partners ArizonaPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Glendale Works’ Program Strives to Create Jobs and Reduce HomelessnessPosted 2 weeks ago
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art to Launch 20th AnniversaryPosted 2 weeks ago
Dillard’s Partners with Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center to Boost Cancer Support, Awareness
HonorHealth’s Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center is teaming up with Dillard’s to make a difference this October in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month where community members are invited to enjoy a special private shopping event at Dillard’s at Paradise Valley Mall on October 21 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. in support of the center.
“We are thrilled to partner with Dillard’s to help support the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center Community Outreach Program and look forward to providing the community with a fantastic opportunity to give back to those walking a cancer journey while shopping at one of the nation’s most loved department stores,” said Nancy McCutcheon, community outreach manager at HonorHealth Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center. “We hope to have many of our supporters join us at our private shopping event, and support Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center during the first two weeks of the month with our shopping pass.”
The event will include prize giveaways, a live cooking demonstration, modeling, refreshments and more — all while attendees peruse top brands such as Michael Kors, Coach, Lancôme and Kate Spade. The event will also feature a special vintage designer handbag collection. Ten percent of all in-store purchases will then directly benefit the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center Community Outreach Program.
For those unable to make the event can still contribute from October 1 to 13 by making purchases at select Valley Dillard’s locations with the “Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center Shopping Pass.”
Arrowhead Towne Center, Chandler Fashion Center, Desert Sky Mall, Paradise Valley Mall, Scottsdale Fashion Square, Superstition Springs Center and San Tan Village will all donate 10 percent of sales to the cause with the pass.
To register for the event or receive the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center Shopping Pass, visit HonorHealth.com/events.
To download the Pink Passes, click here.
The cancer care navigators in the HonorHealth Virginia G. Piper Cancer Care Network help patients:
- Understand their diagnosis and treatment options.
- Find ways to communicate effectively with their doctor.
- Access resources they might not be aware of.
- Manage referrals.
The goal of these efforts is to help patients go beyond the initial diagnosis and better navigate their cancer journey. For more information call 1-855-485-4673 (HOPE) or visit HonorHealth.com/cancercare.