- Resource, Refuge, Home: Valley Youth TheatrePosted 1 week ago
- Office Doors: Colleen Jennings-RoggensackPosted 1 week ago
- 10 Questions With Rusty FoleyPosted 1 week ago
- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 1 month ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 1 month ago
- Education InnovationPosted 1 month ago
JDRF Arizona Receives $25K Grant to Support Those with Type 1 Diabetes
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation’s Arizona Chapter has received a $25,000 grant from Thunderbirds Charities to support the organization’s community outreach programs for those with type 1 diabetes.
“We are beyond thankful for Thunderbirds Charities to provide us with this grant to support our community programing,” said JDRF Arizona Chapter executive director Paula Boca-Bommarito. “Our outreach program is so important to our chapter’s mission and because of the generous support of the Thunderbirds Charities, we can continue to raise vital funds and educate people on what it’s like to live with type 1 diabetes.”
The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation is the leading global organization funding type one diabetes research. The support provided by Thunderbird Charities will help fund the JDRF Arizona Chapter’s volunteer mentor program, one-on-one support, special education and social events.
This is the first year Thunderbird Charities has provided a grant to JDRF Arizona Chapter.