- Yvette Gonzales, Carole Kauffman Elected To Experience Matters Board Of DirectorsPosted 2 days ago
- Back To School Clothing Drive Provides Uniforms, Clothing And Supplies To More Than 5,000 K-6 StudentsPosted 2 days ago
- State Arts Commission Delivers Over $2.63 Million To Arizona CommunitiesPosted 2 days ago
- Local Sports Bars Answer The Call For Much Needed Sport EquipmentPosted 4 days ago
- Local Dental Clinics Hosts July Back-To-School DrivePosted 5 days ago
- Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club Announces New Board MembersPosted 1 week ago
Community Leaders Pair with Students to Provide 80 Kids with School Supplies
One hundred community leaders and Boys & Girls Club board members paired with 80 Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix kids to go back-to-school shopping at Paradise Valley Mall.
The Club kids who were selected by Club leaders based on outstanding behavior and financial need had the opportunity to get new gear for class, helping to boost their confidence for the upcoming school year.
“Our board members love getting out of the conference room and meeting with our Club kids for the annual Back-to-School shopping event,” said Marcia Mintz, president and CEO of Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix. “They get to know their shopping buddy one-on-one and really get to see the impact of their work and spend quality time with the youth we serve.”
Teams started at JCPenny where kids enjoyed special discounts to make the most of their shopping. Club members were able to purchase new school uniforms, shoes, pajamas and winter clothes.