- Organization for Nonprofit Executives Joins Alliance of Arizona NonprofitsPosted 2 days ago
- ‘The Sound of Music’ Returns to The Phoenix Theatre Company to Mark 100th SeasonPosted 3 days ago
- Q&A With Famed Fashion Designer Nicole MillerPosted 4 days ago
- HonorHealth, Sprouts Team Up to Build Community Garden for ChildrenPosted 6 days ago
- Valley Leadership Names Kenneth Schutz, Karrin Taylor Robson Man and Woman of the YearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Garcia Family Foundation Gifts $10 Million to Human Services Campus to Address HomelessnessPosted 2 weeks ago
Community Leaders Pair with Students to Provide 80 Kids with School Supplies
One hundred community leaders and Boys & Girls Club board members paired with 80 Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix kids to go back-to-school shopping at Paradise Valley Mall.
The Club kids who were selected by Club leaders based on outstanding behavior and financial need had the opportunity to get new gear for class, helping to boost their confidence for the upcoming school year.
“Our board members love getting out of the conference room and meeting with our Club kids for the annual Back-to-School shopping event,” said Marcia Mintz, president and CEO of Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix. “They get to know their shopping buddy one-on-one and really get to see the impact of their work and spend quality time with the youth we serve.”
Teams started at JCPenny where kids enjoyed special discounts to make the most of their shopping. Club members were able to purchase new school uniforms, shoes, pajamas and winter clothes.