- Gilbert Bike Shop Raising Funds to Donate Bikes to Grandchildren Raised by GrandparentsPosted 4 days ago
- Banner Health Foundation Awards $4.5 Million to 14 Programs StatewidePosted 4 days ago
- S.E.E.4VETS receives $100K donation from late actor/veteran William E. PhippsPosted 4 days ago
- Dorrance Family Foundation Provides $300,000 Matching Grant to Rancho FelizPosted 4 days ago
- Valley Leadership’s “Pivot Toward Impact” Movement Gets $1 Million Shot in the ArmPosted 5 days ago
- Brenda and Kurt Warner to Honor Larry Fitzgerald at February Treasure House FundraiserPosted 6 days ago
Salvation Army Outfits 400+ Kids for School
On July 25, The Salvation Army Sun Cities West Valley Corps Community Center provided West Valley families in need with school supplies for the upcoming year.
“We are excited to be able to help our neighbors most in need,” said Major Kathy Merritt of The Salvation Army Sun Cities West Valley Corps Community Center. “We feel very blessed for the opportunity to do this for another year. Our staff, volunteers and the store associates are smiling as much as the families.”
The event, which has taken place for 12 years, provided each child with a $75 Walmart gift card, which was made possible for local donors. Approximately 40 volunteers, including personnel from Luke Air Force Base, helped more than 400 kids shop for clothing and shoes.
Walmart management also provided additional discounts to families.
Families applied to attend the event earlier this summer.