- Charity Spotlight: Family PromisePosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona’s Path to Becoming a Healthcare MeccaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Once Upon a MattressPosted 2 weeks ago
- Carey’s Corner: The Power of IntentionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Office Doors: Kimber LanningPosted 2 weeks ago
- 10 Questions with Ashley DeGooyerPosted 2 weeks ago
Salvation Army Outfits 400+ Kids for School
On July 25, The Salvation Army Sun Cities West Valley Corps Community Center provided West Valley families in need with school supplies for the upcoming year.
“We are excited to be able to help our neighbors most in need,” said Major Kathy Merritt of The Salvation Army Sun Cities West Valley Corps Community Center. “We feel very blessed for the opportunity to do this for another year. Our staff, volunteers and the store associates are smiling as much as the families.”
The event, which has taken place for 12 years, provided each child with a $75 Walmart gift card, which was made possible for local donors. Approximately 40 volunteers, including personnel from Luke Air Force Base, helped more than 400 kids shop for clothing and shoes.
Walmart management also provided additional discounts to families.
Families applied to attend the event earlier this summer.