- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 1 week ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 1 week ago
- Education InnovationPosted 1 week ago
- Phoenix is About to Transform its Own Version of Central ParkPosted 1 week ago
- Bite Nite Raises Record-Breaking $278K for ALS PatientsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dancing with the Stars Celebrities Support Valley-Based Charity at Horse Power with Star PowerPosted 1 month ago
Inaugural Bowling for Barrow Raises $70K
More than 150 attendees gathered to raise $70,000 at the inaugural Bowling for Barrow event to benefit the Barrow Neurological Institute’s concussion programs for brain injury survivors.
The event was hosted by Karen King Brooks earlier this month at Skylanes Bowling in Scottsdale and including bowling, hors d’oeuvres and drinks provided by Tito’s Handmade Vodka.
Celebrity guests included former NFL players, a Phoenix Rising player and ASU Women’s basketball head coach Charli Turner Thorne.
Phoenix Suns Color Analyst and former player Tim Kempton served as the event emcee and the center’s director Dr. Javier Cárdenas and Dr. Glynnis Zieman spoke to guests about the impact of their support on those who have suffered concussions or other brain injuries.
Guests were also introduced to Darcy, a domestic violence and brain injury survivor who is well on her way to recovery after the treatment she received at Barrow.
Attendees also had the opportunity to win an electric guitar signed by Justin Timberlake, a private dinner catered by Chef Christopher Gross and The Wrigley Mansion team, a backyard barbecue with Mark McMillian, Tito’s and a Traeger grill and a staycation at the Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa during the live auction hosted by Letitia Frye.
The event was generously sponsored by Skylanes Boutique Bowling Club, Evening Entertainment Group, The King Approach and Tito’s Handmade Vodka.