- Creighton University Announces Construction of $100M Medical Campus in PhoenixPosted 2 days ago
- Frontdoors Media Launches Several New Initiatives To Expand Reach in Community — Including New Print MagazinePosted 1 week ago
- ‘Operation Uplift’ Valley of the Sun United Way Civic Service Campaign Kicks OffPosted 2 weeks ago
- Finding A RainbowPosted 2 weeks ago
- Charity Spotlight: one-n-tenPosted 2 weeks ago
- Suited with Confidence, Hope and StylePosted 2 weeks ago
Frontdoors Five: Summer Activities and Tours
It may be the summertime, but it’s actually a great time to get to know the Valley better. There are great deals, fewer tourists and it’s actually not so hot at night! Check out our top picks for summer activities below.
1. Scottsdale Segway Tours
Think you’ve seen it all in Scottsdale? We’re willing to bet there are some attractions even Valley natives might have missed, and what better way to check them out than by Segway? Scottsdale Segway Tours offers an express tour, a sunset tour and more — plus they’re currently offering great discounts for the summer!
2. Desert Botanical Garden Flashlight Tour
There’s something especially enchanting about the garden at night, and taking the evening flashlight tour is one of the best ways to explore without breaking much of a sweat. You’ll see night-blooming plants, animals and you’ll learn plenty of new things about the desert we call home. Tours take place Saturday nights until September.
3. Taliesin West Night Lights Tour
While touring Taliesein West is breathtaking any time of day, Wright’s architecture boasts a whole new mystique at night — especially with the property’s fire-breathing dragon. Tours are two hours and are offered Friday and Saturday evenings.
4. Helio Basin Brewing Co. Summer Tour
If an outdoor adventure isn’t in the cards for you this summer, you can cool off with an exclusive brewery tour at Helio Basin Brewing Co. The educational look at the brewery includes a flight of six Helio Basin beers, a pint and a commemorative glass. Tours will take place Saturday July 21 and Saturday August 18.
5. Arizona Biltmore Happy Hour History Tour
Want to learn more about one of the state’s most historic properties? The Arizona Biltmore is now offering happy hour tours of the resort every Friday night this summer. The tour offers fun facts about the Arizona Biltmore’s glamorous history, a look at many of its largely unseen rooms a flue of champagne and a glass of its renowned Tequila Sunrise.