- Gilbert Bike Shop Raising Funds to Donate Bikes to Grandchildren Raised by GrandparentsPosted 4 days ago
- Banner Health Foundation Awards $4.5 Million to 14 Programs StatewidePosted 4 days ago
- S.E.E.4VETS receives $100K donation from late actor/veteran William E. PhippsPosted 4 days ago
- Dorrance Family Foundation Provides $300,000 Matching Grant to Rancho FelizPosted 4 days ago
- Valley Leadership’s “Pivot Toward Impact” Movement Gets $1 Million Shot in the ArmPosted 5 days ago
- Brenda and Kurt Warner to Honor Larry Fitzgerald at February Treasure House FundraiserPosted 6 days ago
Children in Foster Care and Cancer Patients Enjoy Special ‘Mary Poppins’ Performance
Earlier this month, both children with cancer and those in foster care had the ability to experience the magic of Disney’s “Mary Poppins” during a performance by Arizona Broadway Theatre and Herberger Theater Center in partnership with Cancer Support Community and Arizona Builders Alliance.
Approximately 300 children enjoyed the performance and even had the opportunity to meet Mary prior to the show.
“These organizations do amazing work for our community and it is an honor to be able to welcome those they serve to share in this exciting production,” said Mark Mettes, president and CEO of the Herberger Theater Center. “Partnerships with these organizations are so important to us as the Herberger Theater Center connects and engages people from throughout the community as the place Where Audience Meets Art.”
The partnership with Arizona Builder’s Alliance began last year when 600 foster children had the opportunity to attend a special performance of “A Christmas Carol.”