- Charity Spotlight: Family PromisePosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona’s Path to Becoming a Healthcare MeccaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Once Upon a MattressPosted 2 weeks ago
- Carey’s Corner: The Power of IntentionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Office Doors: Kimber LanningPosted 2 weeks ago
- 10 Questions with Ashley DeGooyerPosted 2 weeks ago
Children in Foster Care and Cancer Patients Enjoy Special ‘Mary Poppins’ Performance
Earlier this month, both children with cancer and those in foster care had the ability to experience the magic of Disney’s “Mary Poppins” during a performance by Arizona Broadway Theatre and Herberger Theater Center in partnership with Cancer Support Community and Arizona Builders Alliance.
Approximately 300 children enjoyed the performance and even had the opportunity to meet Mary prior to the show.
“These organizations do amazing work for our community and it is an honor to be able to welcome those they serve to share in this exciting production,” said Mark Mettes, president and CEO of the Herberger Theater Center. “Partnerships with these organizations are so important to us as the Herberger Theater Center connects and engages people from throughout the community as the place Where Audience Meets Art.”
The partnership with Arizona Builder’s Alliance began last year when 600 foster children had the opportunity to attend a special performance of “A Christmas Carol.”