- Phoenix Theatre to Change Name for 100th AnniversaryPosted 3 days ago
- Troupe Vertigo and The Phoenix Symphony to Perform ‘Cirque Swan Lake’Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona Good Business Summit Offers Solutions to Build Profit and CommunityPosted 1 week ago
- Senator Barry M. Goldwater’s Arizona Images Featured in Exhibition at Scottsdale’s Museum of the WestPosted 1 week ago
- Damien Sneed to Perform MLK Tribute on Jan. 25 at Mesa Arts CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona Balloon Classic Coming Jan. 25-27, Benefiting United WayPosted 2 weeks ago
Valley Couple Hosts Fundraiser in Support of Haiti
By Tyler Butler
Since 2008 the Global Family Philanthropy organization has been committed to humanitarian efforts in Haiti by building and supporting a children’s home, creating a home for abandoned elderly and opening a medical clinic to provide services to thousands of people in need.
Launched by valley residents Seth and Lori Goldberg, the organization has dedicated itself to transforming what was a basic relief effort into what is now a volunteer and global-relief organization.
Last month, the organization hosted a fundraiser to help continue its efforts. The Imagine 2018 event hosted more than 200 friends, supporters and volunteers who all gathered at the Hotel Valley Ho for a program led by Emmy Award-winning journalist and host Carey Pena, whose Inspired Media 360 team created a series of documentary videos that played throughout the evening.
Key volunteers were also recognized for their outstanding efforts including Pauline Forrester who received the 2018 Imagine Award for her more than 10 years of service through school events.