- ‘The Sound of Music’ Returns to The Phoenix Theatre Company to Mark 100th SeasonPosted 1 day ago
- Q&A With Famed Fashion Designer Nicole MillerPosted 1 day ago
- HonorHealth, Sprouts Team Up to Build Community Garden for ChildrenPosted 3 days ago
- Valley Leadership Names Kenneth Schutz, Karrin Taylor Robson Man and Woman of the YearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Garcia Family Foundation Gifts $10 Million to Human Services Campus to Address HomelessnessPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tower Capital Hosts Nov. 9 Charity Ride to Help Families Fighting Childhood IllnessesPosted 2 weeks ago
Valley Couple Hosts Fundraiser in Support of Haiti
By Tyler Butler
Since 2008 the Global Family Philanthropy organization has been committed to humanitarian efforts in Haiti by building and supporting a children’s home, creating a home for abandoned elderly and opening a medical clinic to provide services to thousands of people in need.
Launched by valley residents Seth and Lori Goldberg, the organization has dedicated itself to transforming what was a basic relief effort into what is now a volunteer and global-relief organization.
Last month, the organization hosted a fundraiser to help continue its efforts. The Imagine 2018 event hosted more than 200 friends, supporters and volunteers who all gathered at the Hotel Valley Ho for a program led by Emmy Award-winning journalist and host Carey Pena, whose Inspired Media 360 team created a series of documentary videos that played throughout the evening.
Key volunteers were also recognized for their outstanding efforts including Pauline Forrester who received the 2018 Imagine Award for her more than 10 years of service through school events.