- John Graham and Colleen Jennings-Roggensack Named Valley Leadership’s Man & Woman of the YearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Fuel of the Nonprofit CommunityPosted 3 weeks ago
- Cool to Be KindPosted 3 weeks ago
- Office Doors: Rita Brock-PeriniPosted 3 weeks ago
- 10 Questions with Mike NealyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Rare Works by Henri Matisse on Display at the Heard Museum Beginning October 29Posted 4 weeks ago
Valley Couple Hosts Fundraiser in Support of Haiti
By Tyler Butler
Since 2008 the Global Family Philanthropy organization has been committed to humanitarian efforts in Haiti by building and supporting a children’s home, creating a home for abandoned elderly and opening a medical clinic to provide services to thousands of people in need.
Launched by valley residents Seth and Lori Goldberg, the organization has dedicated itself to transforming what was a basic relief effort into what is now a volunteer and global-relief organization.
Last month, the organization hosted a fundraiser to help continue its efforts. The Imagine 2018 event hosted more than 200 friends, supporters and volunteers who all gathered at the Hotel Valley Ho for a program led by Emmy Award-winning journalist and host Carey Pena, whose Inspired Media 360 team created a series of documentary videos that played throughout the evening.
Key volunteers were also recognized for their outstanding efforts including Pauline Forrester who received the 2018 Imagine Award for her more than 10 years of service through school events.