- Office Doors: Dr. Sarika DesaiPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Produce QueenPosted 2 weeks ago
- Summer Camps are Fun and Big Business for NonprofitsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Habitat for Humanity Reveals New Home to Family — With a SurprisePosted 2 weeks ago
- Don’t Be a Chump! Check for a Lump! Had Guests Wigging Out to Fight Breast CancerPosted 3 weeks ago
- Teen Lifeline Hosts Committee Launch for their Connections of Hope DinnerPosted 3 weeks ago
Dancing with the Stars Celebrities Support Valley-Based Charity at Horse Power with Star Power
For the third consecutive year Valley philanthropist Ivy Ciolli served as chairwoman for Healing Hearts Animal Rescue and Refuge’s Horse Power with Star Power event.
Healing Hearts is the Valley’s largest non-profit equine rescue and this year’s event was a timely one as fundraiser took place just days after over 20 horses were relinquished from a Phoenix horse owner. The animals were in need of immediate medical, dental and hoof care as well as long term rehabilitation and adoption.
“This event gave supporters and attendees a first-hand look at our current rescue effort & opportunity to learn more about Healing Hearts and its mission in addition to viewing some of the world’s most exotic cars, enjoying gourmet eats and cocktails drinks,” said executive director Jennifer Brumbaugh. “We are excited that Maks, Peta and Val have given their support to our efforts and afford fans of the television hit, an opportunity to meet them. Healing Heart’s efforts are recognized statewide and this will enable us to continue to gather support for our cause.”
Dominick’s Steakhouse hosted the affair and offered attendees an exclusive meet & greet with three stars of ABC’s hit show “Dancing with the Stars” — Maks, Peta and Val Chmerkovskiy. Actor and comedian Jill Kimmel served as the evening’s emcee raising auctioneer raising over $100,000 for Healing Hearts.
In addition to Grimaldi’s Pizzeria, major supporters of the event included Jo Ellen & Phil Doornbos, Cre8ive Event Rentals, Inc., GPS Insight, NFP The Hebets Company, Go Active, Bondurant Racing School, Alliant, Bridgelight and Premier Southwest Insurance Group.