- Resource, Refuge, Home: Valley Youth TheatrePosted 1 week ago
- Office Doors: Colleen Jennings-RoggensackPosted 1 week ago
- 10 Questions With Rusty FoleyPosted 1 week ago
- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 1 month ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 1 month ago
- Education InnovationPosted 1 month ago
Bowling for Barrow to Boost Concussion and Brain Injury Center
Several former professional athletes and some of Barrow Neurological Institute’s finest are hitting the lanes to roll a strike against brain injuries.
“Let the Good Times Roll: Bowling for Barrow” will take place on Thursday, June 21 at Skylanes Boutique Bowling Club in Scottsdale to support Barrow Neurological Institute’s Concussion and Brain Injury Center.
The center, which supports programs for sports medicine and domestic violence patients, is the first of its kind in the nation and offers comprehensive ‘treatment’ and rehabilitation for adolescents and adults suffering from concussions, traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries.
The event will feature cocktails, appetizers and desserts, bowling, prizes and a live auction hosted by Letitia Frye, a former Barrow patient who suffered a traumatic brain injury after being hit by a car while on a jog in 2014. The well-known local auctioneer and community leader suffered significant damage from the accident, but with the assistance of the Barrow team, Frye was able to make a full recovery.
Skylanes and Evening Entertainment Group is sponsoring the event. Food and beverages will be provided by Tito’s Handmade Vodka and The King Approach.
To register, visit supportbarrow.org/bowling.