- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 1 week ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 1 week ago
- Education InnovationPosted 1 week ago
- Phoenix is About to Transform its Own Version of Central ParkPosted 1 week ago
- Bite Nite Raises Record-Breaking $278K for ALS PatientsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dancing with the Stars Celebrities Support Valley-Based Charity at Horse Power with Star PowerPosted 1 month ago
Bite Nite Raises Record-Breaking $278K for ALS Patients
The ALS Association Arizona Chapter raised a record-breaking $278,000 at its 9th Annual Bite Nite, which took place on June 1 at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa.
Over 800 attendees helped to raise funds that will allow the organization to continue to serve patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis or Lou Gehrig’s disease. Each year, the organization serves more than 400 patients and their families.
“The ALS Association is the only national nonprofit solely devoted to raising awareness and funds for ALS,” said Taryn Norley, executive director of the ALS Association Arizona Chapter. “It was so exciting to see how many people attended the event this year and helped us raise funds to provide necessary services for those individuals living with ALS.”
At the event, guests enjoyed signature dishes from 16 restaurants including Fogo de Chao, Toro, Meridiem and “Best Bite” winner Ling & Louie’s Asian Bar and Grill.
Photos by Ben Arnold.