- Phoenix Theatre to Change Name for 100th AnniversaryPosted 3 days ago
- Troupe Vertigo and The Phoenix Symphony to Perform ‘Cirque Swan Lake’Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona Good Business Summit Offers Solutions to Build Profit and CommunityPosted 1 week ago
- Senator Barry M. Goldwater’s Arizona Images Featured in Exhibition at Scottsdale’s Museum of the WestPosted 1 week ago
- Damien Sneed to Perform MLK Tribute on Jan. 25 at Mesa Arts CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona Balloon Classic Coming Jan. 25-27, Benefiting United WayPosted 2 weeks ago
Arizona Community Foundation Distributes Over $67 Million to Boost State Organizations
The Arizona Community Foundation and its six statewide affiliates in Cochise, Flagstaff, the Gila Valley, Sedona, Yavapai County and Yuma have distributed a total of $67,233,780 in grants, scholarships and loans for its fiscal year, which ended on March 31.
Over $60 million of these funds were awarded in five strategic areas — health innovations, community improvement and development, environment and sustainability, arts and culture and quality education.
The total awarded across these categories represents nearly 7,700 individual grants and scholarships.
One-hundred-fifteen nonprofit organizations with dedicated agency endowments managed by the Foundation also received their annual distributions, which accounted for nearly four million dollars of the distribution.
The Foundation also supports organizations through the Community Impact Loan Fund. This year’s recipients included Desert States Theatre, LISC Affordable Housing, Neighborhood Outreach Access to Health and Catholic Charities MANA House.