- Phoenix Theatre to Change Name for 100th AnniversaryPosted 3 days ago
- Troupe Vertigo and The Phoenix Symphony to Perform ‘Cirque Swan Lake’Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona Good Business Summit Offers Solutions to Build Profit and CommunityPosted 1 week ago
- Senator Barry M. Goldwater’s Arizona Images Featured in Exhibition at Scottsdale’s Museum of the WestPosted 1 week ago
- Damien Sneed to Perform MLK Tribute on Jan. 25 at Mesa Arts CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona Balloon Classic Coming Jan. 25-27, Benefiting United WayPosted 2 weeks ago
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix Hosts 300 at ‘The Big Event’
By Tyler Butler
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix hosted The Big Event on May 5 at the Camelback Esplanade welcoming over 300 attendees to enjoy delicious food, celebrity hosts, local live entertainment, silent and live auctions.
The event was led by Connect Board,a group of emerging community and corporate leaders, in an effort to support the 11,000 kids that The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix serves every day at their 13 locations.
The event was emceed by KTAR’s Bruce St. James and guests were treated to tunes from Jay Allan and the Common Good.
Attendees also heard from BGCMP Youth of the Year Cyrus Martinez. Martinez shared his story of how the clubs helped him stay on track to graduate and supported him as he dealt with his own struggles with mental illness.
Connect board members and event chairs Holly Linder, Linder Klauer, PLLC, and Kristina Keating of Clear Channel Outdoor, Inc., led the charge for this event, which raised more than $90,000 through the silent auction, live auction and paddle raise.
The cuisine enjoyed by attendees was provided by TEN and dieci.