- Canal Convergence’s ‘Reflection Rising’ Receives National Honor From Public Art NetworkPosted 22 hours ago
- The Board Of Visitors Announces The 2020 Flower GirlsPosted 4 days ago
- Joseph Benesh Named Executive Director Of Arizona Citizens For The ArtsPosted 4 days ago
- Young Father Finds Year Up Arizona Program To Build Future For Himself And His FamilyPosted 5 days ago
- Delta Dental Of Arizona Gives Grant Towards Dental Care Project For Formerly Homeless Children And MothersPosted 5 days ago
- Franciscan Renewal Center Opens New Community Life FacilityPosted 5 days ago
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix Hosts 300 at ‘The Big Event’
By Tyler Butler
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix hosted The Big Event on May 5 at the Camelback Esplanade welcoming over 300 attendees to enjoy delicious food, celebrity hosts, local live entertainment, silent and live auctions.
The event was led by Connect Board,a group of emerging community and corporate leaders, in an effort to support the 11,000 kids that The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix serves every day at their 13 locations.
The event was emceed by KTAR’s Bruce St. James and guests were treated to tunes from Jay Allan and the Common Good.
Attendees also heard from BGCMP Youth of the Year Cyrus Martinez. Martinez shared his story of how the clubs helped him stay on track to graduate and supported him as he dealt with his own struggles with mental illness.
Connect board members and event chairs Holly Linder, Linder Klauer, PLLC, and Kristina Keating of Clear Channel Outdoor, Inc., led the charge for this event, which raised more than $90,000 through the silent auction, live auction and paddle raise.
The cuisine enjoyed by attendees was provided by TEN and dieci.