- Award-Winning Culinary Fundraiser for ALS Research and Aarenesearch and Awareness Returns June 2Posted 2 weeks ago
- Society of Chairs Gala to Recognize Key Community Members and OrganizationsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Charity Spotlight: #LoveUpPosted 3 weeks ago
- Office Doors: Sara DialPosted 3 weeks ago
- Flower Girl PowerPosted 3 weeks ago
- State Forty Eight is Making Arizona CoolPosted 3 weeks ago
Society of Chairs Gala to Recognize Key Community Members and Organizations
The Society of Chairs Gala — presented by National Bank of Arizona and the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, and produced by Frontdoors Media — will include awards for key community members and organizations at the May 16 event.
National Bank of Arizona will present the Art & Culture Award to Act One, an organization that supports art-related educational field trips for Arizona’s undeserved schools and works to provide access to the arts for all community members.
SRP will present the Arizona Heritage Award to Sarah Suggs, president and CEO of the Sandra Day O’Connor Institute. Suggs previously served as senior vice president of marketing for Pivotal Group and has held several community leadership positions including Phoenix Heart Ball chairman, Arizona Science Center gala chairman and Charter 100 president.
Eide Bailly will present the Heart of the Community Award to Rob Leslie posthumously, with Leslie’s family accepting the award on his behalf. Leslie was a community leader with more than three decades of experience in nonprofit accounting.
The Society of Chairs Gala celebrates those who have chaired charitable events in the community, local nonprofits and community partners that make philanthropy in the Valley possible.
The event chairwoman is Deborah Bateman and the honorary chairwoman is Linda Herold.
The event will take place on May 16 at the Westin Kierland. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit societyofchairs.com.