- Phoenix Theatre to Change Name for 100th AnniversaryPosted 3 days ago
- Troupe Vertigo and The Phoenix Symphony to Perform ‘Cirque Swan Lake’Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona Good Business Summit Offers Solutions to Build Profit and CommunityPosted 1 week ago
- Senator Barry M. Goldwater’s Arizona Images Featured in Exhibition at Scottsdale’s Museum of the WestPosted 1 week ago
- Damien Sneed to Perform MLK Tribute on Jan. 25 at Mesa Arts CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona Balloon Classic Coming Jan. 25-27, Benefiting United WayPosted 2 weeks ago
Real Estate Brokers and Agents Partner to Raise $458K+ for Children’s Causes
The Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club raised more than $458,000 for Boys Hope Girls Hope and The Care Fund at its annual Brokers for Kids and Agents Benefitting Children sporting competition.
More than 550 residential real estate agents and commercial brokers split into 70 teams on April 13 at Scottsdale Stadium to raise funds for the children’s charities through an Olympiad Championship which included a football toss, bag toss, bocce ball and dodgeball.
“It was such a fun day, and it is inspiring to see the real estate industry come together to raise money for youth in the Valley. We all inherently have a responsibility to make a positive impact on society and giving back to the community only helps make it stronger,” said Brokers for Kids chairman Kyle McMillian.
Teams had been raising money throughout the year through various fundraising efforts and were recognized at the event for both funds raised and competition wins.
This was the 19th year of Brokers for Kids and the 5th year of Agents Benefitting Children.
“It was an incredible turnout this year and I’m very happy with what we were able to achieve. It’s a great day of networking but most importantly, it’s all about the kids,” said Agents Benefiting Children chairman Isaac Kahn.
Sponsors included Even Stevens, Valley Toyota Dealers, Stearns Bank, Marcus & Millichap, Fidelity National Title, Canyon State Electric, Arizona Natural Selections, CCIM of Central Arizona, Kutak Rock, Kansas Asphalt, Matthews Retail Group, HFF, Cavalry Portfolio Services, First American Title, UMB Bank, Guaranteed Rate and the Weston Team at Guild Mortgage.