- Resource, Refuge, Home: Valley Youth TheatrePosted 1 week ago
- Office Doors: Colleen Jennings-RoggensackPosted 1 week ago
- 10 Questions With Rusty FoleyPosted 1 week ago
- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 1 month ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 1 month ago
- Education InnovationPosted 1 month ago
Helio Basin Brewing Co. Supports Public Safety Officers with Specialty Brew
Helio Basin Brewing Co. will host its 2nd Annual Police vs. Fire First Responders Throwdown on Saturday, May 12 to honor community heroes with family-friendly challenges, craft beer, live music and more.
The event will also mark the launch of this year’s Blue Line Blonde beer, which was brewed by first-responders. Ten percent of all proceeds from the beer will benefit the 100 Club of Arizona, a nonprofit dedicated to providing financial assistance to families of public safety officers and firefighters who are seriously injured or killed in the line of duty. The beer is a crisp, blonde ale brewed with blue agave.
Huss Brewing Company has also created a Fire Station #2 Red Ale to benefit firefighter-focused charities.
At the event, families can enjoy a variety of activities including a look at a firetruck and a vintage police car.