- Phoenix Theatre to Change Name for 100th AnniversaryPosted 3 days ago
- Troupe Vertigo and The Phoenix Symphony to Perform ‘Cirque Swan Lake’Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona Good Business Summit Offers Solutions to Build Profit and CommunityPosted 1 week ago
- Senator Barry M. Goldwater’s Arizona Images Featured in Exhibition at Scottsdale’s Museum of the WestPosted 1 week ago
- Damien Sneed to Perform MLK Tribute on Jan. 25 at Mesa Arts CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona Balloon Classic Coming Jan. 25-27, Benefiting United WayPosted 2 weeks ago
Helio Basin Brewing Co. Supports Public Safety Officers with Specialty Brew
Helio Basin Brewing Co. will host its 2nd Annual Police vs. Fire First Responders Throwdown on Saturday, May 12 to honor community heroes with family-friendly challenges, craft beer, live music and more.
The event will also mark the launch of this year’s Blue Line Blonde beer, which was brewed by first-responders. Ten percent of all proceeds from the beer will benefit the 100 Club of Arizona, a nonprofit dedicated to providing financial assistance to families of public safety officers and firefighters who are seriously injured or killed in the line of duty. The beer is a crisp, blonde ale brewed with blue agave.
Huss Brewing Company has also created a Fire Station #2 Red Ale to benefit firefighter-focused charities.
At the event, families can enjoy a variety of activities including a look at a firetruck and a vintage police car.