- Office Doors: Dr. Sarika DesaiPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Produce QueenPosted 2 weeks ago
- Summer Camps are Fun and Big Business for NonprofitsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Habitat for Humanity Reveals New Home to Family — With a SurprisePosted 2 weeks ago
- Don’t Be a Chump! Check for a Lump! Had Guests Wigging Out to Fight Breast CancerPosted 3 weeks ago
- Teen Lifeline Hosts Committee Launch for their Connections of Hope DinnerPosted 3 weeks ago
Frontdoors Five: Top Picks for National Donut Day
While we don’t typically need an excuse for dessert — National Donut Day is certainly an occasion to celebrate by picking up one of America’s favorite treats. In honor of this Friday’s sweet holiday, we’ve rounded up our top donut picks — from the tastiest to the most charitable to the best priced.
Not ony does Bashas have an incredible variety of donuts, they’re donating ten percent of the proceeds from all donut sales to The Salvation Army. Plus, The Salvation Army is actually the reason for the holiday! The organization hosted the first National Donut Day in 1938 to honor the “Donut Girls” who served the sweet treats to soldiers on the frontlines of World War I.
2. Fractured Prune
Chandler, Glendale, Flagstaff
Fractured Prune, creators of some of the best cake donuts in town, have offered nearly a full week of specials in honor of the occasion! Today, you can buy a dozen of donuts and get a dozen of birthday cake donuts for $9.95! Plus, if you wear donut clothing, you’ll get a free donut. On National Donut Day everyone gets a free OC Sand donut, which features a honey glaze and cinnamon sugar!
3. Krispy Kreme
The beloved donut chain will be giving out free donuts all day long in honor of the celebration — you even get to choose your flavor!
4. Hurts Donuts
Hurts Donuts, home of some of the most unique donut flavors will be hosting a drawing to win free donuts for a year with every dozen purchased serving as an entry! It will also be donating a portion of proceeds to an organization that honors the military.
5. Dunkin Donuts
In honor of the holiday, Dunkin Donuts is giving customers a free classic donut with any beverage purpose.