- Charity Spotlight: Family PromisePosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona’s Path to Becoming a Healthcare MeccaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Once Upon a MattressPosted 2 weeks ago
- Carey’s Corner: The Power of IntentionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Office Doors: Kimber LanningPosted 2 weeks ago
- 10 Questions with Ashley DeGooyerPosted 2 weeks ago
Chili’s Hosts 9th Annual Fundraiser for Waste Not
Chili’s will host its ninth annual ‘Chili’s Gives Back Fundraiser’ benefitting Waste Not beginning Thursday, May 17 and will run through Sunday, May 27. Waste Not is a Valley nonprofit that transfers excess, perishable food that would have otherwise been thrown out to local agencies in need.
During the fundraiser, Chili’s 19 Valley restaurants will donate 15 percent of each check from guests dining out for Waste Not. Guests will also be invited to make additional donations in any denomination at their time of purchase at the restaurant.
Since the fundraiser’s inception, Chili’s has donated over $180,000 to Waste Not, with each $1 donated feeding up to six people.
Waste Not transfers an average of 12,000 pounds of food six days a week from restaurants, resorts, caterers, and grocers to 100 different agencies such as after-school programs, daycare centers, rehabilitation centers, transition homes and senior facilities. In 2017 alone, the organization transferred a record 3.2 million pounds of food.