- Award-Winning Culinary Fundraiser for ALS Research and Aarenesearch and Awareness Returns June 2Posted 2 weeks ago
- Society of Chairs Gala to Recognize Key Community Members and OrganizationsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Charity Spotlight: #LoveUpPosted 3 weeks ago
- Office Doors: Sara DialPosted 3 weeks ago
- Flower Girl PowerPosted 3 weeks ago
- State Forty Eight is Making Arizona CoolPosted 3 weeks ago
Chili’s Hosts 9th Annual Fundraiser for Waste Not
Chili’s will host its ninth annual ‘Chili’s Gives Back Fundraiser’ benefitting Waste Not beginning Thursday, May 17 and will run through Sunday, May 27. Waste Not is a Valley nonprofit that transfers excess, perishable food that would have otherwise been thrown out to local agencies in need.
During the fundraiser, Chili’s 19 Valley restaurants will donate 15 percent of each check from guests dining out for Waste Not. Guests will also be invited to make additional donations in any denomination at their time of purchase at the restaurant.
Since the fundraiser’s inception, Chili’s has donated over $180,000 to Waste Not, with each $1 donated feeding up to six people.
Waste Not transfers an average of 12,000 pounds of food six days a week from restaurants, resorts, caterers, and grocers to 100 different agencies such as after-school programs, daycare centers, rehabilitation centers, transition homes and senior facilities. In 2017 alone, the organization transferred a record 3.2 million pounds of food.