- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 5 days ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 6 days ago
- Education InnovationPosted 6 days ago
- Phoenix is About to Transform its Own Version of Central ParkPosted 6 days ago
- Bite Nite Raises Record-Breaking $278K for ALS PatientsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dancing with the Stars Celebrities Support Valley-Based Charity at Horse Power with Star PowerPosted 1 month ago
Phoenix Boys & Girls Clubs Raise $2.2M, Honor Diamondbacks CEO
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix’s “Today’s Youth, Tomorrow’s Stars” event raised more than $2.2 million last month to support the organization and the 11,000 youth it serves.
Nine-hundred fifty Valley leaders attended the event, which honored Arizona Diamondbacks CEO Derrick Hall with the Heart of a Champion Award. The awards was given by the Torch Club youth from the Swift Branch, who presented the award with 2017 Youth of the Year Leonel Cano Leon.
The event also honored the Arizona Diamondbacks for its 20 years of support.
The program also included an interview with Hall on the Diamondbacks’ philanthropic efforts, a live auction, surprise donations from the Arizona Diamondbacks and Major League Baseball, a silent auction, and dancing.
Archie Bradley and Taijuan Walker, who acted as All-Star Team Managers during the Youth of the Year program were also in attendance, presenting the 13 Youth of the Year teens with custom Diamondbacks jerseys.