- Charity Spotlight: Family PromisePosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona’s Path to Becoming a Healthcare MeccaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Once Upon a MattressPosted 2 weeks ago
- Carey’s Corner: The Power of IntentionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Office Doors: Kimber LanningPosted 2 weeks ago
- 10 Questions with Ashley DeGooyerPosted 2 weeks ago
Heard Museum to Celebrate Children with Free Day of Activities
The Heard Museum’s Dia del Niño or Children’s Day will return for its second year on Sunday, April 29 featuring arts, book readings with special guest readers, music, dancing, games and activities for children of all ages.
The event honors the traditional Mexican holiday of the same name, which celebrates the contributions make to society through fun and play.
Activities will include a mobile print-making station and a special guest artist, an instrument petting zoo, crafts and an explorer passport program which will lead visitors through the museum galleries. Participants will be entered into a raffle with prizes that include museum memberships, gift cards to the museum café, Arizona Diamondbacks merchandise and more.
Performers will include Ballet Folklorico Itzamatul Del Valle Del Sol, Los Saguaritos, Harmony Project Mariachi Group and DJ Jackie Cruz.
Children ages 12 and under with up to two accompanying parents and guardians will receive free admission.