- Award-Winning Culinary Fundraiser for ALS Research and Aarenesearch and Awareness Returns June 2Posted 2 weeks ago
- Society of Chairs Gala to Recognize Key Community Members and OrganizationsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Charity Spotlight: #LoveUpPosted 3 weeks ago
- Office Doors: Sara DialPosted 3 weeks ago
- Flower Girl PowerPosted 3 weeks ago
- State Forty Eight is Making Arizona CoolPosted 3 weeks ago
Heard Museum to Celebrate Children with Free Day of Activities
The Heard Museum’s Dia del Niño or Children’s Day will return for its second year on Sunday, April 29 featuring arts, book readings with special guest readers, music, dancing, games and activities for children of all ages.
The event honors the traditional Mexican holiday of the same name, which celebrates the contributions make to society through fun and play.
Activities will include a mobile print-making station and a special guest artist, an instrument petting zoo, crafts and an explorer passport program which will lead visitors through the museum galleries. Participants will be entered into a raffle with prizes that include museum memberships, gift cards to the museum café, Arizona Diamondbacks merchandise and more.
Performers will include Ballet Folklorico Itzamatul Del Valle Del Sol, Los Saguaritos, Harmony Project Mariachi Group and DJ Jackie Cruz.
Children ages 12 and under with up to two accompanying parents and guardians will receive free admission.