- Phoenix Theatre to Change Name for 100th AnniversaryPosted 3 days ago
- Troupe Vertigo and The Phoenix Symphony to Perform ‘Cirque Swan Lake’Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona Good Business Summit Offers Solutions to Build Profit and CommunityPosted 1 week ago
- Senator Barry M. Goldwater’s Arizona Images Featured in Exhibition at Scottsdale’s Museum of the WestPosted 1 week ago
- Damien Sneed to Perform MLK Tribute on Jan. 25 at Mesa Arts CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona Balloon Classic Coming Jan. 25-27, Benefiting United WayPosted 2 weeks ago
Board of Visitors Hosts 103rd Charity Ball Featuring 41 Flower Girls
The Board of Visitors hosted its 103rd annual Charity Ball earlier this month at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa featuring the presentation of 41 Flower Girls by their fathers or other family members.
“The time-honored traditions of The Board of Visitors have endured for 110 years,” said chairman of The Board of Visitors Karen Kotalik. “We are grateful for the generosity of those who support our Annual Charity Ball and other events. Our benefactors allow us to fulfill our mission of serving the healthcare needs of women, children and the elderly.”
Following the presentation guests enjoyed dinner and dancing in the ballroom.
“I am so proud to carry on the tradition of our organization’s cherished, signature fundraiser,” said charity ball chairman Susan Westra. “This beautiful event is treasured by our Flower Girl families and guests who value our commitment to the needs of our community.”
The Board of Visitors was established in 1908 and is the oldest women’s charitable organization in the state. It has granted more than $20 million to local nonprofits that serve the healthcare needs of women, children and the elderly in the Valley.