- We’re Bringing Back the Society of Chairs Gala — With a Frontdoors TwistPosted 2 weeks ago
- Campfire & Marshmallows Gala to Raise Funds to Send Kids Affected by Cancer to CampPosted 3 weeks ago
- We Are UNITED Speaker Vanessa Williams ‘Maddened’ by Hunger EpidemicPosted 4 weeks ago
- Brenda and Kurt Warner’s Celebrity Game Night Honoring Shane Doan Raises Funds for Treasure HousePosted 1 month ago
- ‘Historymakers’ Announced at Arizona Statehood CelebrationPosted 1 month ago
- Celebrating 125 Years of ServicePosted 1 month ago
Second Banner Bon Santé Ball Raises Critical Funds to Prevent Nation’s Top Killer
Posted By Jamie Killin on March 6, 2018
The second Banner Bon Santé Ball welcomed physicians, philanthropists and community members to a vibrant gala seeking to unseat heart disease as the nation’s top killer.
The event, which took place last month at The Phoenician, featured a performance by Michael Bublé tribute artist Scott Keo and a quartet from Arizona State University’s School of Music.
The event also included a live auction, dinner and an insightful program.
Division chief of cardiology at Banner Dr. Martha Gulat shared highlights of Banner – University Medicine’s cardiovascular program and guests had the opportunity to view a television segment where Tucson hockey player Craig Cunningham collapsed on the ice at age 26 due to a rare heart disorder.
After the video, Cunnningham and the cardiologist who saved his life, Dr. Zain Khalpey of Banner spoke to guests about the importance of philanthropic support for cardiovascular programs.
Emmy award-winning journalist and CBS-5 news anchor Kris Pickel served as the event’s emcee.
Key sponsors included The CORE Institute and Valley Anesthesiology & Pain Consultants – a Sheridan Practice.
Event proceeds will support cardiovascular care programs and training of future physicians at the Banner – University Medical Centers in Phoenix and Tucson.