- Office Doors: Dr. Sarika DesaiPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Produce QueenPosted 2 weeks ago
- Summer Camps are Fun and Big Business for NonprofitsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Habitat for Humanity Reveals New Home to Family — With a SurprisePosted 2 weeks ago
- Don’t Be a Chump! Check for a Lump! Had Guests Wigging Out to Fight Breast CancerPosted 3 weeks ago
- Teen Lifeline Hosts Committee Launch for their Connections of Hope DinnerPosted 3 weeks ago
Campfire & Marshmallows Gala to Raise Funds to Send Kids Affected by Cancer to Camp
Southwest Kids’ Cancer Foundation will host its 5th annual fundraiser, the Celebrating Life: Campfire & Marshmallows gala ,on Saturday, March 3 at 5:30 p.m. at The Camby.
Funds raised at the event will benefit the nonprofits’ two camp programs — Arizona Camp Sunrise and Sidekicks Camps, which are for child cancer survivors and patients and their siblings, respectively.
“I’m very excited for our fifth annual gala. We’re re-branding this year’s gala as Celebrating Life: Campfire & Marshmallows in an effort to further strengthen our commitment to our Arizona Camp Sunrise and Sidekicks campers and their families,” said Southwest Kids Cancer Foundation president Stephen Ramey. “We look forward to embracing big opportunities to bring our mission to the community while we grow our camp programs.”
The event will begin with a cocktail reception and silent auction and will conclude with a dinner and program with more information on the two camps.
Arizona Camp Sunrise was one of the first camps in the world specifically designed for children with cancer.
Following its success, the camp then expanded to include the Sidekicks program, which was developed for siblings of children with cancer and the Family Day Camp, which serves children under the age of eight.