- Creighton University Announces Construction of $100M Medical Campus in PhoenixPosted 2 days ago
- Frontdoors Media Launches Several New Initiatives To Expand Reach in Community — Including New Print MagazinePosted 1 week ago
- ‘Operation Uplift’ Valley of the Sun United Way Civic Service Campaign Kicks OffPosted 2 weeks ago
- Finding A RainbowPosted 2 weeks ago
- Charity Spotlight: one-n-tenPosted 2 weeks ago
- Suited with Confidence, Hope and StylePosted 2 weeks ago
Free Scottsdale Festival Celebrates ‘Junior Citizen Scientists’
Posted By Jamie Killin on February 7, 2018
“This event will connect people with the Sonoran Desert. Youth and families can share an experiential day learning about how scientists and members of the general public — citizen scientists — study our environment,” saidTiffany Sprague, manager of the the McDowell Sonoran Field Institute.
The event will feature more than 15 hands-on interactive learning stations that aim to show participants the wonders of nature. Students that complete eight activities or more will earn a certificate.
“We look forward to hosting Arizona children in the beautiful McDowell Sonoran Preserve and witnessing their awe and wonder as they learn about science,” said Justin Owen, executive director at McDowell Sonoran Conservancy.