- Creighton University Announces Construction of $100M Medical Campus in PhoenixPosted 3 days ago
- Frontdoors Media Launches Several New Initiatives To Expand Reach in Community — Including New Print MagazinePosted 1 week ago
- ‘Operation Uplift’ Valley of the Sun United Way Civic Service Campaign Kicks OffPosted 2 weeks ago
- Finding A RainbowPosted 2 weeks ago
- Charity Spotlight: one-n-tenPosted 2 weeks ago
- Suited with Confidence, Hope and StylePosted 2 weeks ago
Cigna Donates $10K to Christopher’s Cure Through Cardinals Charities
Posted By Jamie Killin on January 5, 2018
Cigna, a global health insurance service company and sponsor of the Cardinals Charities “Kicks for Kids program,” presented a $10,000 donation to Christopher’s Cure on December 24.
“Cigna’s mission is to improve the health, well-being and sense of security of the people we serve, in the communities where we live and work,” said Kim Shepard, president of Cigna in Arizona. “As the sponsor of the Cardinals Charities ‘Kicks for Kids’ program, we are proud to make a donation to Christopher’s Cure to aid them in providing financial support for everyday expenses to families with critically ill children, so these families can spend time together.”
Christopher’s Cure provides assistance to families with critically ill children who need financial support — particularly families who do not qualify for state or local aid but are not independently wealthy.
Assistance comes in the form of mortgage or rent payments, utility payments, car payments and more to allow parents to focus on the welfare of their children.
This is the eighth consecutive year that Cigna has contributed $10,000 to Cardinals Charities based on the field goals made by the team during the season.
These contributions have allowed Cardinals Charities to donate a total of $80,000 to organizations focused on wellness such as the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Phoenix, Florence Crittenton of Arizona and Foundation for Blind Children.