- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 1 week ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 1 week ago
- Education InnovationPosted 1 week ago
- Phoenix is About to Transform its Own Version of Central ParkPosted 1 week ago
- Bite Nite Raises Record-Breaking $278K for ALS PatientsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dancing with the Stars Celebrities Support Valley-Based Charity at Horse Power with Star PowerPosted 1 month ago
50+ Concerts Included in the MIM’s Upcoming Concert Series
Posted By Jamie Killin on December 6, 2017
Notable events include Beach Boys cofounder and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Al Jardine, Montreal-based DJ and producer Kid Koala who contributed to the Grammy Award-nominated “Baby Driver (Music from the Motion Picture)” album and a concert with both American country singer Lyle Lovett and singer-songwriter Robert Earl Keen.
The series will welcome several returning artists such as soul musician Booker T. Jones, Mongolian throat singing group Huun-Huur-Tu, jazz pianist prodigy Joey Alexander and singer-songwriter Karla Bonoff.
MIM Music Theater will also host several new artists who have never previously performed in the venue. These artists include blues guitarist and singer Shaw Taylor, jazz trumpeter Terence Blanchard, Afro-Cuban jazz singer Daymé Arocena and Canadian country singer-songwriter Lindi Ortega.
The theater hosts over 250 concerts a year and has welcomed over 150 Grammy Award-winning artists over its seven-year history.
“We have been invited to some of the world’s greatest venues like the Sydney Opera House in Sydney, Australia, Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center in New York, and also the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. But I tell you one thing, this Theater and this Museum are second to none,” said Allen Bailey, founder of Harlem Gospel Choir.