- We’re Bringing Back the Society of Chairs Gala — With a Frontdoors TwistPosted 2 weeks ago
- Campfire & Marshmallows Gala to Raise Funds to Send Kids Affected by Cancer to CampPosted 3 weeks ago
- We Are UNITED Speaker Vanessa Williams ‘Maddened’ by Hunger EpidemicPosted 4 weeks ago
- Brenda and Kurt Warner’s Celebrity Game Night Honoring Shane Doan Raises Funds for Treasure HousePosted 4 weeks ago
- ‘Historymakers’ Announced at Arizona Statehood CelebrationPosted 4 weeks ago
- Celebrating 125 Years of ServicePosted 1 month ago
50+ Concerts Included in the MIM’s Upcoming Concert Series
Posted By Jamie Killin on December 6, 2017
Notable events include Beach Boys cofounder and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Al Jardine, Montreal-based DJ and producer Kid Koala who contributed to the Grammy Award-nominated “Baby Driver (Music from the Motion Picture)” album and a concert with both American country singer Lyle Lovett and singer-songwriter Robert Earl Keen.
The series will welcome several returning artists such as soul musician Booker T. Jones, Mongolian throat singing group Huun-Huur-Tu, jazz pianist prodigy Joey Alexander and singer-songwriter Karla Bonoff.
MIM Music Theater will also host several new artists who have never previously performed in the venue. These artists include blues guitarist and singer Shaw Taylor, jazz trumpeter Terence Blanchard, Afro-Cuban jazz singer Daymé Arocena and Canadian country singer-songwriter Lindi Ortega.
The theater hosts over 250 concerts a year and has welcomed over 150 Grammy Award-winning artists over its seven-year history.
“We have been invited to some of the world’s greatest venues like the Sydney Opera House in Sydney, Australia, Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center in New York, and also the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. But I tell you one thing, this Theater and this Museum are second to none,” said Allen Bailey, founder of Harlem Gospel Choir.