- Desert Financial Awards $47,500 In Scholarships To 15 StudentsPosted 3 days ago
- Arizona Community Foundation And Donors Distribute $65 Million In 2019 Fiscal YearPosted 3 days ago
- UMOM Announces $1.1 Million Grant From Bob & Renee Parsons FoundationPosted 4 days ago
- Ballet Arizona To Receive $30K From National Endowment For The ArtsPosted 4 days ago
- Charity Provides Furniture To 500th Family Moving Out Of HomelessnessPosted 5 days ago
- Heroes At Heart Coffee & Tea Launches To Benefit First Responders of Phoenix Metro & 100 Club Of AZPosted 5 days ago
Bruffy Steps Down from Phoenix Chorale After 18 Years
Posted By Jamie Killin on November 9, 2017
After 18 years as Phoenix Chorale’s music director, Charles Bruffy has stepped down. He was honored by the chorale’s board and donors at a reception entitled Serenade to Charles last month at the home of Dorothy Lincoln Smith.
During his tenure, he led over 200 Phoenix Chorale performances and was nominated for 10 Grammy Awards, winning three.
In his honor, Greg Stanton issued a proclamation declaring the date of his final concert at Trinity Cathedral, October 28, “Charles Bruffy Day.”