- FirstBank Employees Go Undercover as Servers & Pay for Dozens of Diners in “Give it Forward” CampaignPosted 2 hours ago
- Red Cross Honors Four Phoenix Residents for Outstanding Volunteer WorkPosted 8 hours ago
- Largest Easter Egg Hunt in South Phoenix to be Hosted by Salvation Army Kroc CenterPosted 4 days ago
- Two Pups Wellness Fund Launches ‘Grown Pups for Grown Ups’ ProgramPosted 5 days ago
- Fiesta Bowl Announces Volunteer of the Year Award WinnersPosted 6 days ago
- 17,000 Meals Donated During ‘March Out Hunger’ Food DrivePosted 6 days ago
Bruffy Steps Down from Phoenix Chorale After 18 Years
Posted By Jamie Killin on November 9, 2017
After 18 years as Phoenix Chorale’s music director, Charles Bruffy has stepped down. He was honored by the chorale’s board and donors at a reception entitled Serenade to Charles last month at the home of Dorothy Lincoln Smith.
During his tenure, he led over 200 Phoenix Chorale performances and was nominated for 10 Grammy Awards, winning three.
In his honor, Greg Stanton issued a proclamation declaring the date of his final concert at Trinity Cathedral, October 28, “Charles Bruffy Day.”