- Voya Financial Collaborates With Global Nonprofit To Serve Navajo Children In ArizonaPosted 2 days ago
- Traveling Art Installation Heading to Phoenix and Benefiting Homeless PetsPosted 2 days ago
- Sprouts Healthy Communities Foundation Announces $3M in Annual Giving, National Day of ServicePosted 2 days ago
- Phoenix Suns Invest $1 Million In Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix Expansion InitiativesPosted 1 week ago
- Two Pups Wellness Fund Allocates $23,000 To Shine Light On Maricopa County Animal Care And Control’s Surgical CenterPosted 1 week ago
- Xavier College Prep Golfer Claims Pro-Junior Title, Wins $50k For The First TeePosted 2 weeks ago
Bruffy Steps Down from Phoenix Chorale After 18 Years
Posted By Jamie Killin on November 9, 2017
After 18 years as Phoenix Chorale’s music director, Charles Bruffy has stepped down. He was honored by the chorale’s board and donors at a reception entitled Serenade to Charles last month at the home of Dorothy Lincoln Smith.
During his tenure, he led over 200 Phoenix Chorale performances and was nominated for 10 Grammy Awards, winning three.
In his honor, Greg Stanton issued a proclamation declaring the date of his final concert at Trinity Cathedral, October 28, “Charles Bruffy Day.”