- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 7 days ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 1 week ago
- Education InnovationPosted 1 week ago
- Phoenix is About to Transform its Own Version of Central ParkPosted 1 week ago
- Bite Nite Raises Record-Breaking $278K for ALS PatientsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dancing with the Stars Celebrities Support Valley-Based Charity at Horse Power with Star PowerPosted 1 month ago
12th Autism Speaks Walk Raises $885K
Posted By Jamie Killin on November 13, 2017
Last month, nearly 20,000 people and 500 teams gathered together at Tempe Beach Park for the 12th annual Autism Speaks Walk in Partnership with SARRC — raising an estimated $885,000 for autism programs and research.
Half of the money raised during the walk will stay in Arizona.
The walk included both a 1-mile and a 5K family-friendly walk as well as a resource fair with 20 vendors. The event’s presenting sponsor, Sprouts Famer’s Market provided giveaways.
One in every 68 children are diagnosed with autism — this event helps to raise awareness of autism spectrum disorders and raise funds for critical research and programs for those impacted by autism.