- Frank Lloyd Wright 150th Birthday Celebration Focuses on Sustainability, Organic DesignPosted 4 days ago
- Applause! Raises Over $430K for Phoenix TheatrePosted 5 days ago
- ATHENA Awards Received by Three Phoenix BusinesswomenPosted 1 week ago
- In Loving Memory of Mike SaucierPosted 2 weeks ago
- Charity Spotlight: Make-A-Wish ArizonaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Infinite Hearts and a Tapestry of StylePosted 2 weeks ago
Restaurant of the Week: Craft64
Craft64 is somewhat hidden. On Main Street in Scottsdale. Hard to do. But that’s a good thing. It’s known but not too known. So we fear its overall awesomeness and popularity might lead it to go the way of Rigazzi’s, a St. Louis restaurant, about which Yogi Berra quipped: “Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.”
We don’t want folks to know about its fun vibe and friendly service. We’d rather its very high pizza quality (especially the AJI, comprising mozzarella, parmigiano reggiano, fennel sausage, sauteed onions, ricotta, and spicy aji jalapeno sauce) be kept among friends.
It dubs itself “Scottsdale’s premier venue for local craft beer, great wine and artisan wood-fired pizza.” Normally we’d be skeptical of such lofty claims but find us a better place in Scottsdale that checks all three of those boxes better than Craft64 that’s a tall task.
– Mike Saucier