- We’re Bringing Back the Society of Chairs Gala — With a Frontdoors TwistPosted 2 weeks ago
- Campfire & Marshmallows Gala to Raise Funds to Send Kids Affected by Cancer to CampPosted 3 weeks ago
- We Are UNITED Speaker Vanessa Williams ‘Maddened’ by Hunger EpidemicPosted 4 weeks ago
- Brenda and Kurt Warner’s Celebrity Game Night Honoring Shane Doan Raises Funds for Treasure HousePosted 1 month ago
- ‘Historymakers’ Announced at Arizona Statehood CelebrationPosted 1 month ago
- Celebrating 125 Years of ServicePosted 1 month ago
Restaurant of the Week: Craft64
Craft64 is somewhat hidden. On Main Street in Scottsdale. Hard to do. But that’s a good thing. It’s known but not too known. So we fear its overall awesomeness and popularity might lead it to go the way of Rigazzi’s, a St. Louis restaurant, about which Yogi Berra quipped: “Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.”
We don’t want folks to know about its fun vibe and friendly service. We’d rather its very high pizza quality (especially the AJI, comprising mozzarella, parmigiano reggiano, fennel sausage, sauteed onions, ricotta, and spicy aji jalapeno sauce) be kept among friends.
It dubs itself “Scottsdale’s premier venue for local craft beer, great wine and artisan wood-fired pizza.” Normally we’d be skeptical of such lofty claims but find us a better place in Scottsdale that checks all three of those boxes better than Craft64 that’s a tall task.
– Mike Saucier