- Grand Prix of Scottsdale to Benefit Southwest Human Development, Care FundPosted 7 days ago
- Pollack Donates $50K to Hospice ProviderPosted 7 days ago
- Foundations Partner on Purse Exchange Fundraising EventPosted 1 week ago
- City’s Childhood Cancer Awareness Campaign Aims to Raise $1MPosted 1 week ago
- Nonprofit’s 1st-Ever Designer Sale Will Help Women in Need Dress for SuccessPosted 4 weeks ago
- Fry’s Gives $70K to Boost Big Brothers Big SistersPosted 4 weeks ago
Restaurant of the Week: Craft64
Craft64 is somewhat hidden. On Main Street in Scottsdale. Hard to do. But that’s a good thing. It’s known but not too known. So we fear its overall awesomeness and popularity might lead it to go the way of Rigazzi’s, a St. Louis restaurant, about which Yogi Berra quipped: “Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.”
We don’t want folks to know about its fun vibe and friendly service. We’d rather its very high pizza quality (especially the AJI, comprising mozzarella, parmigiano reggiano, fennel sausage, sauteed onions, ricotta, and spicy aji jalapeno sauce) be kept among friends.
It dubs itself “Scottsdale’s premier venue for local craft beer, great wine and artisan wood-fired pizza.” Normally we’d be skeptical of such lofty claims but find us a better place in Scottsdale that checks all three of those boxes better than Craft64 that’s a tall task.
– Mike Saucier