- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 1 week ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 1 week ago
- Education InnovationPosted 1 week ago
- Phoenix is About to Transform its Own Version of Central ParkPosted 1 week ago
- Bite Nite Raises Record-Breaking $278K for ALS PatientsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dancing with the Stars Celebrities Support Valley-Based Charity at Horse Power with Star PowerPosted 1 month ago
Restaurant of the Week: Craft64
Craft64 is somewhat hidden. On Main Street in Scottsdale. Hard to do. But that’s a good thing. It’s known but not too known. So we fear its overall awesomeness and popularity might lead it to go the way of Rigazzi’s, a St. Louis restaurant, about which Yogi Berra quipped: “Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.”
We don’t want folks to know about its fun vibe and friendly service. We’d rather its very high pizza quality (especially the AJI, comprising mozzarella, parmigiano reggiano, fennel sausage, sauteed onions, ricotta, and spicy aji jalapeno sauce) be kept among friends.
It dubs itself “Scottsdale’s premier venue for local craft beer, great wine and artisan wood-fired pizza.” Normally we’d be skeptical of such lofty claims but find us a better place in Scottsdale that checks all three of those boxes better than Craft64 that’s a tall task.
– Mike Saucier