- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 1 week ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 1 week ago
- Education InnovationPosted 1 week ago
- Phoenix is About to Transform its Own Version of Central ParkPosted 1 week ago
- Bite Nite Raises Record-Breaking $278K for ALS PatientsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dancing with the Stars Celebrities Support Valley-Based Charity at Horse Power with Star PowerPosted 1 month ago
Foundations Partner on Purse Exchange Fundraising Event
The Pearce Family Foundation and DreamCatchers Foundation hosted the inaugural Purses with Purpose event last month at The District Biltmore, raising over $3,000 total for the two nonprofits and raising awareness of their causes.
The event hosted over 30 women at a purse exchange with cocktails, appetizers, shopping and learning about the two organizations and their causes. Attendees were only asked to bring a handbag with a minimum value of $75, then they were able to participate in the “white elephant” style purse exchange.
The Pearce Family Foundation provides financial assistance to families with a child facing a chronic or life-threatening illness. The DreamCatches Foundation works with terminally ill patients to make their dreams come true.