- Grand Prix of Scottsdale to Benefit Southwest Human Development, Care FundPosted 1 week ago
- Pollack Donates $50K to Hospice ProviderPosted 1 week ago
- Foundations Partner on Purse Exchange Fundraising EventPosted 1 week ago
- City’s Childhood Cancer Awareness Campaign Aims to Raise $1MPosted 2 weeks ago
- Nonprofit’s 1st-Ever Designer Sale Will Help Women in Need Dress for SuccessPosted 4 weeks ago
- Fry’s Gives $70K to Boost Big Brothers Big SistersPosted 4 weeks ago
5 Exhibits to Launch at ‘The Good, The Bad and The Weird’
The festival will feature the opening of five contemporary art exhibitions in the Mesa Contemporary Arts Museum, live performances, custom cars on display and activities for all ages.
Exhibits will include Slang Aesthetics by Robert Williams, AltRealities by The Fantastical Worlds & Creatures of Contemporary Artists, After Party by Julie Heffernan and The Dusk Parade by Joe Sorren.
Several food vendors such as Paleta’s Betty, Waffle Luv and Pura Vida Grinds coffee cart will be in attendance for festival-goers to enjoy and Dolce Salon will provide free up-do hairstyling.
There will be musical performances by El Vez, “The Mexican Elvis,” rock ‘n’ trio, Come Back Buddy as well as a dance performance by Cazo Dance and a performance by Vessel Project inspired by the paintings of Julie Heffernan.
Attendees will also have the opportunity shop an artists cooperative galley and view a film screening by Surreal Short Films.