- We’re Bringing Back the Society of Chairs Gala — With a Frontdoors TwistPosted 2 weeks ago
- Campfire & Marshmallows Gala to Raise Funds to Send Kids Affected by Cancer to CampPosted 4 weeks ago
- We Are UNITED Speaker Vanessa Williams ‘Maddened’ by Hunger EpidemicPosted 4 weeks ago
- Brenda and Kurt Warner’s Celebrity Game Night Honoring Shane Doan Raises Funds for Treasure HousePosted 1 month ago
- ‘Historymakers’ Announced at Arizona Statehood CelebrationPosted 1 month ago
- Celebrating 125 Years of ServicePosted 2 months ago
Giving In Style Events: Florence Crittenton – Heels for Healing
By Tyler Butler
High heels take a turn towards philanthropy at Florence Crittenton’s 9th Annual Heels for Healing and Diva Dash. This one of a kind event brings the fashion of philanthropy and shoes into focus as it raises funds for this agency’s life-changing programs for girls, young women and their families in the community. Valley fashionista’s will have a unique shopping opportunity to binge buy at Flo’s on 7th, the charity’s upscale resale store. Attendees will be treated to low prices on popular designer heels and handbags and all on sale for a good cause.
As Dr. Kellie M. Warren, Florence Crittenton’s Chief Executive Officer explains, “Heels for Healing recognizes each one of our girls and the miles they have walked in their shoes. Launching this fashion-focused event, we have created an opportunity where shopping for great treasures can help girls, coming from all walks of life, on their path to recovery and healing.”
And in a race to win the Diva Dash trophy and gift certificate to Flo’s on 7th dashers will pair up in teams of four in heels, one inch or higher. The races obstacle course challenges participants to compete in lanes with a tricycle and hula hoop challenge.