- We’re Bringing Back the Society of Chairs Gala — With a Frontdoors TwistPosted 2 weeks ago
- Campfire & Marshmallows Gala to Raise Funds to Send Kids Affected by Cancer to CampPosted 4 weeks ago
- We Are UNITED Speaker Vanessa Williams ‘Maddened’ by Hunger EpidemicPosted 4 weeks ago
- Brenda and Kurt Warner’s Celebrity Game Night Honoring Shane Doan Raises Funds for Treasure HousePosted 1 month ago
- ‘Historymakers’ Announced at Arizona Statehood CelebrationPosted 1 month ago
- Celebrating 125 Years of ServicePosted 2 months ago
Fry’s Gives $70K to Boost Big Brothers Big Sisters
Fry’s Food Stores donated $70,118 to Big Brothers Big Sisters agencies across Arizona as part of the company’s Round-Up and Coin Box Campaign.
During a four-week period in May and June, participating stores throughout Arizona asked customers to round up their totals to the nearest dollar at the checkout stand and/or place their spare change in coin boxes, raising support and awareness of the Big Brothers Big Sisters mission.
“Fry’s Food Stores, as well as its staff and customers, have been so generous to Big Brothers Big Sisters over the years and we appreciate all they do to help our Littles and kids in Arizona,” said Jessica Whitney, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Arizona’s senior director of development. “This donation will have a significant impact on our ability to continue to serve those children in our community who need our help the most.”
The donation will be used to ensure that the kids waiting to be matched with mentors will be matched sooner, and those already matched will continue to receive the support and guidance of a positive adult role model, increasing their chances to grow up to be successful adults.