- Local Sports Bars Answer The Call For Much Needed Sport EquipmentPosted 3 hours ago
- Local Dental Clinics Hosts July Back-To-School DrivePosted 1 day ago
- Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club Announces New Board MembersPosted 5 days ago
- Ad Agency Employees Pack Nearly 13,000 Meals for Local Children And FamiliesPosted 5 days ago
- Blood Emergency: Red Cross Issues Urgent Call For Blood And Platelet DonorsPosted 5 days ago
- Scottsdale Chamber Announces Nominations Now Open For 34th Annual Sterling AwardsPosted 1 week ago
Bowling Bashes Roll in $47K for Mentor Help
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arizona raised $47,000 to benefit the organizations mentoring program through two Glow Bowl community bowling events earlier this month.
“We can’t thank our Bowl for Kids’ Sake participants and donors enough for all they do to make this event a huge success,” said Brandi Devlin, senior director of marketing for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arizona. “They know first-hand how transformative the mentoring relationship can be for the child, the family, and the volunteer, and they are happy to share their stories with others.”
Bowl for Kids’ Sake is Big Brothers Big Sisters’ largest national fundraiser and the event raises over $20 million each year for its programs.
“Every dollar raised will go directly to recruiting mentors so the 300 kids on our waiting list will be matched sooner, and those already matched will continue to receive the support and guidance of a positive adult role model, increasing their chances to grow up to be successful adults,” said Devlin.
The organization’s participants, board members, supporters and staff participated in the bowling events, raising at least $120 for the cause. Efforts were rewarding with bowling, pizza, games, prizes and entertainment at AMF Christown Lanes and AMF Tempe Village Lanes.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arizona also partnered with Riviera Broadcasting, whose radio personalities provided music for the events and raised over $2,300 from their listeners.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arizona is a donor and volunteer supported mentoring network that has been helping to develop positive relationships in the lives of youth for over 60 years.